Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZX Spectrum or Atari or Commodore

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I like posting this as its running on a stock , unmodded Atari 800XL

The 3d cube parts look like they should be running on an Amiga (which from a technical point of view was the atari's big brother , rather than the ST)
    If the Atari 8 bits hadnt been so unlucky from a business point of view , they'd probably have been as popular as the C64 in this neck of the woods. As they could really be impressive graphically , and soundwise , while the Pokey chip wasnt as good as the SID it could do some great tunes.
    Theres also THIS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Abi02Tlwk
    which looks amazing but cheats as theres an extra memory upgrade being used to run it (I think 256k)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭itguyinaction

Btw, do you know any cool games for C64 created lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Skerries wrote: »
    this recent Aliens platformer is a good game for the Spectrum

https://zxonline.net/game/alien-game/

They've knocked out some excellent games, ZOSYA another former Soviet team making some great new Spectrum titles.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Case and point is Uridium on the Spectrum.

I was kid with comodore 64 when Uridium came out in 1986. I still remember the first time playing it and shock at how good it was. Back then it was on level of the arcade machines. We were floored with it. Hard to describe that feeling in todays world

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

I had a Spectrum 128k. Then after a few years we swapped to an Amiga 500 which was the king for many many years

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was kid with comodore 64 when Uridium came out in 1986. I still remember the first time playing it and shock at how good it was. Back then it was on level of the arcade machines. We were floored with it. Hard to describe that feeling in todays world

It's an obscenely good game, must see if I can get it running on my arcade cab..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

One thing I regret, we had the spectrum & the Amiga. Both in great condition, I think we actually replaced the Amiga at one stage with a new one because of a warranty issue. It was free.

Thing was it sat in house and came home one weekend from college and mother had given both away free. We ha thousands of games across both consoles. We used to play all the games on a B&W TV which gtgh6yylkiuoo;;[lgrvccfgffggsggsssgstgfwrw cxxxvbm;fv bv z

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mehico

It always seems amazing what the programmers were able achieve with such limited memory, especially on the 8-bit computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

They've knocked out some excellent games, ZOSYA another former Soviet team making some great new Spectrum titles.

Delta's Shadow is another absolutely ace game from the same team.

Advertisement