Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your job & salary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭SVI40

Part time fluffer. Get paid by the inch, so, circa €4000 an hour, depending on how long filming lasts.

Now, if you swallow that................... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

Software developer, around 120k per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Software developer, around 120k per year.

Base or TC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

JackTC wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I hate these kinds of threads so much.

So how much does God get paid then?

Super manager. There aren't enough numbers in the internet to write out my salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Dante

mloc123 wrote: »
    Base or TC?

TC, I'm a contractor so no benefits.

TC, I'm a contractor so no benefits.

Cheers, trying to gauge if I am topped out in Dublin ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I pick the mouse crap out of the pepper in Goodalls factory.
    I earn €95K and I get free gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Civil servant, i dont know what i get paid but theres three posters who will be along to tell me in minute, and also thats its too much

Posted at 14:30 during a workday, slacker!

I'm a cereal taster,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

What a wanker of a thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Accounts manager / accountant (varied role )
    Base salary 51k / 4250 a month gross,
    Bonuses 10k per annum
    Pension employer payment 2500
    Healthcare plan 1800

My clients

Anywhere from 80k to 500k earnings as professional contractors in IT, engineering and pharma sectors

Average is about 130 to 150k for them

Huge money in contracting

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Work for a construction company do 30 hours a week, start early 7 to 1, take home pay around the 500 quid a week, when all Bill's are paid mortgage 400 a month car loan 200 a month and other bills, herself buys the shoping for the week, I am left with about 250 for a drop of diesel and a few pints at weekends. Plenty opportunity at work for more hours and more money but just not that bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

popa smurf wrote: »
    Work for a construction company do 30 hours a week, start early 7 to 1, take home pay around the 500 quid a week, when all Bill's are paid mortgage 400 a month car loan 200 a month and other bills, herself buys the shoping for the week, I am left with about 250 for a drop of diesel and a few pints at weekends. Plenty opportunity at work for more hours and more money but just not that bothered.

I see this a lot. Guys in construction and trades always talk about take home pay, not annual earnings. Even when I interview people in manual trades they ask me what their take home pay will be. I never attempt to answer because tax credits can be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

I was speaking to a friend yesterday who's on 75K working in risk in finance. He wants to work in a tech company has their package for a junior to senior are over 100k. His gf who works for the tech guys, is on 100+, excluding stock options

Relatives if mine, oone in software for a hedge fund is on 180k with less than 45hrs a week. Another in Finance on 80k, and youngest sibling 40k in a data analystggig but she's so clud intthats sshe'll gget tto the topffast .

I used to think that 80/100k was good, yea goodbbut could be better.

All comes at a sacrifice,friends,family stress. Enjoyllife bbe happy, iit's mmore than money canbbuy .

Yes there are people earning crazy money. Keep onhhaving eeyes cclosed aand ears shut and you won'tgget aanywhere .

Checktthe CCSO, yyou ccan gget abbreakdown of average wages by occupation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Pharmaceutical excel monkey in Austria: edging towards 60k a year

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RunOnTheLeft

Do odd jobs - cash only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭onrail

Yep, these threads are depressing, but at the same time they're vital. I grew up without any of this information and picked a career which was promised to be lucrative, but ended up anything but. 9 years out, 65k and a fairly high level of stress.

At least with these threads, I'll be able to give my children some solid advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

onrail wrote: »
    Yep, these threads are depressing, but at the same time they're vital. I grew up without any of this information and picked a career which was promised to be lucrative, but ended up anything but. 9 years out, 65k and a fairly high level of stress.

At least with these threads, I'll be able to give my children some solid advice.

What would that advice be?
    Would it be something on the lines of money isn’t everything?

My wage is just above the average industrial wage but with on call and bonus I see another 20%

Could I earn more money? Yes but I work 39 hours a week and the on call is only one week a month. I can plan my life with family and friends. I can go training in the evenings. There is no stress. That is worth a lot more than money to me. I am fortunate to be on the property ladder so that is a huge burden not to have.

Some stats here for you all:
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-eaads/earningsanalysisusingadministrativedatasources2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,418 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Just searched for all jobs on indeed in Clare. Only 1 single job was advertised for more than 35k and that was for a fully qualified accountant in a consulting role g the or 65K

Everything else was less than half of that salary or the salary wasn’t advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

MAULBROOK wrote: »
    Lift Engineer.
    80k to 85k depending on overtime.
    company van

A lot of ups and downs in that job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Akrasia wrote: »
    Just searched for all jobs on indeed in Clare. Only 1 single job was advertised for more than 35k and that was for a fully qualified accountant in a consulting role g the or 65K

Everything else was less than half of that salary or the salary wasn’t advertised

It's a thing I love about working in austria. Job ads by law have to have the minimum salary for that position. It really helps filter out crap or stuff that I know is farrrr above me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

onrail wrote: »

Is 65k not lucrative?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is your accountant a bit of a fool or something? He could lease you a decent brand new motor for substantially less than that?

554258.png

https://glqs.leaseplan.com/en_IE/vehicles

If you don’t believe him, why don’t you just come out and say it instead of this nonsense? You obviously don’t have much of a clue about traveling expenses when you’re asking him how much the parking costs him.

ebayissues wrote: »
    I was speaking to a friend yesterday who's on 75K working in risk in finance. He wants to work in a tech company has their package for a junior to senior are over 100k. His gf who works for the tech guys, is on 100+, excluding stock options

Relatives if mine, oone in software for a hedge fund is on 180k with less than 45hrs a week. Another in Finance on 80k, and youngest sibling 40k in a data analystggig but she's so clud intthats sshe'll gget tto the topffast .

I used to think that 80/100k was good, yea goodbbut could be better.

All comes at a sacrifice,friends,family stress. Enjoyllife bbe happy, iit's mmore than money canbbuy .

Yes there are people earning crazy money. Keep onhhaving eeyes cclosed aand ears shut and you won'tgget aanywhere .

Checktthe CCSO, yyou ccan gget abbreakdown of average wages by occupation

How much do keyboard fixers make?

Akrasia wrote: »

If you search Indeed, just put in Co. Clare and then sort for salary above €60k and you'll see a good few jobs advertised, some up to €150k.

sgthighway wrote: »
    What would that advice be?
    Would it be something on the lines of money isn’t everything?

My wage is just above the average industrial wage but with on call and bonus I see another 20%

Could I earn more money? Yes but I work 39 hours a week and the on call is only one week a month. I can plan my life with family and friends. I can go training in the evenings. There is no stress. That is worth a lot more than money to me. I am fortunate to be on the property ladder so that is a huge burden not to have.

Some stats here for you all:
    https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-eaads/earningsanalysisusingadministrativedatasources2018/

Yep Money isn't everything, but it helps!
    My advice would be chose whether you place more value on money or free time and a stress free life and go for a career which offers one or the other.

I've a relative who's a primary school teacher on a relatively modest salary, but effectively works part-time hours for 2/3s of the year and nothing thereafter. Loves her job and does the odd bit of after-school work to bump up the take-home with a wad of cash. Living the dream.

Likewise, I know a couple who are on north of 120k each in pressurised jobs, but love it and what the money can afford them.

Only the very lucky end up with jobs that are well paid and stress free, and they very unlucky (I'd put myself here, break out the violin) end up with a lot of stress for little reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭fits

I don’t believe most people make anywhere near some figures being posted here.

fits wrote: »
    I don’t believe most people make anywhere near some figures being posted here.

Why not? The figures listed so far aren't crazy for the roles (excluding the joke ones of course).

People in software, pharma etc.. working for MNC in Dublin will easily be on 1-200k total comp (base, bonus, shares).

Is it sustainable? Probably not IMO... And I would factor that into any choices I make now with a mortgage etc..

Is 65k not lucrative?

Don't mean to sound unappreciative, but when you factor in the stress and hours involved it's not really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

I hang mirrors.

Salary isn't great but it was always a job I could see myself doing!

Advertisement