Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media News 'overly cautious', in 'Berlin D2 bar' footage broadcast???

Options
  • 27-05-2021 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Happened to be watching the Virgin Media News yesterday and saw the ''Berlin D2 ' bar license renewal refusal by the courts issue - the infamous footage of the bar from last August was broadcast but with everyone completely blurred out so that no one could possibly be recognized (so most of the picture was just a blur). However the RTE TV news also broadcast yesterday did not blur out the people in the video.
    What exactly would VM's rationale have been to blurr out everyone in the video if RTE (and also BBC news etc ) did not do so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

VM are following GDPR guidelines, what's the valid reason/public good for these people to be identified, where as the others aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Not on what they did but total scapegoat stuff, that type of thing is happening the length and breadth of the country.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Tails142 wrote: »
    Not on what they did but total scapegoat stuff, that type of thing is happening the length and breadth of the country.

Any further discussion of the this topic is to be limited to discussion of the broadcast concerned only.

Enforcement or not of the Covid legislation is not up for discussion here. There is a dedicated coronavirus forum for all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Well that went right by me ......... from where did this Covid reference come?
    I saw no mention of Covid prior to the moderator's post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Well that went right by me ......... from where did this Covid reference come?
    I saw no mention of Covid prior to the moderator's post.
    Tails142 wrote: »
    that type of thing is happening the length and breadth of the country.

There doesn’t need to a mention by name, anyone who has read the reports of the case concerned knows what “that type of thing” was. Also there is no posting on thread to question moderator decisions. The usual warning that the thread will be closed if this post is replied to directly now applies. Back on topic please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement