Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Bracelet Reapir

• 27-05-2021 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Recently posted about the bracelet I got for my November 1966 4006-7000 Dolphin Bell-Matic from a January 1967 7000, more details over on the Bellmatics forum [Link]

The bracelet has damage on the endlink where the springbar goes through

HSN2uBX.jpeg

Looking to get it repaired, a guy I've been chatting with for a while on the forum, a retired engineer was saying about laser welding or possibly drilling out the pin in the link and replacing the whole connection.

Have sent the Jan 67 off to Richard to be serviced, unfortunately he is unable to help with the bracelet. I heard of a guy who fixes Rolex bracelets and wondering does anyone know of someone who might be able to repair it? maybe some local engineering place that could do the repair?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@IrishPlayer - No idea, but would love to hear how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Just to give an update, decided to start with my local jewelers as I had forgotten they had now reopened :o Went over to Fast-Fix over in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. The guy said because it was base metal it would be difficult to repair. I mentioned about drilling out the pin and replacing the part. Took it in and said if it can be repaired it will be €45. Also offered to polish out the scratches, but decided against that.

Fingers crossed it can be fixed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Hi All,

Just wanted to give an update on the repair for the Jan 67 7000 bracelet. Hadn't heard anything back from Fast Fix so decided to ring them today. They already had the repair done and were trying to contact me but for some reason couldn't get through due to the reception. The repair cost €45.

Here is the before

HSN2uBX.jpeg

And now

IMG-20210608-145455.jpg

Really happy to have gotten it fixed, currently have the Jan 67 7000 with Richard Askham getting a service so will be putting this bracelet back on that and now have the other bracelet for the Dolphin.

More Pictures [Link]

Thanks All

IMG-20210608-144548.jpg

IMG-20210608-144717.jpg

IMG-20210608-145130.jpg

IMG-20210608-150816.jpg

Advertisement