Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Banking from Abroad

Options
  • 27-05-2021 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello. I have an online banking account with BOI, and am stuck abroad due to Covid related problems.
    1. No email contact addresses are provided.
    2. No Live Chat.
    3. To open a ticket & get a response takes app. 24hrs.
    4. To phone is expensive.
    5. Problematic App. On making a fund transfer today, I could not do a screen capture - generally used when confirming payment to the recipient.

Is there anything I can do to get a rapid online response to problems that may arise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hello. I have an online banking account with BOI, and am stuck abroad due to Covid related problems.
    1. No email contact addresses are provided.
    2. No Live Chat.
    3. To open a ticket & get a response takes app. 24hrs.
    4. To phone is expensive.
    5. Problematic App. On making a fund transfer today, I could not do a screen capture - generally used when confirming payment to the recipient.

Is there anything I can do to get a rapid online response to problems that may arise?
    Hi shanebeary52,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie and sorry to hear of your current situation. 

If your account is held in Republic of Ireland we have a Secure Live Chat service which you can access here. This service is available 10-4 Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) and as it is a secure channel they can help with account specific queries. 

You can also send account queries when logged on to your account by selecting Services then Send us a Message. Responses are generally received within one business day on this channel. 

For emergencies like lost or stolen cards and mobiles or compromised log in details our 24 hour emergency helpline is available on +353567757007. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement