Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property and land area/dimensions

Options
  • 27-05-2021 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I am a first time buyer and needed a help to understand the contract that was provided.

There is no mention of the area of the land(area of land where house stands+ frontyard+ backyard) or the dimensions of the house in the contract. Is that normal in Ireland?

Just asking because in my home country I have seen that normally the contract has all the details like the boundary of the property, area etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Contract of sale will have a site map, the listing will have dimensions of house, but you should check this yourself before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 reshmams

Dav010 wrote: »
    Contract of sale will have a site map, the listing will have dimensions of house, but you should check this yourself before buying.

Alright. Yes there is a site map in the contract which shows the location of the property. There is no dimensions mentioned there. However, I could get this dimension information from the planning permission website which does not match the property number shown in brochure. I am guessing that should be fine.

Thanks for reply. So its fine to not have this info in contract. I was thinking that there should be info on the land area in sqm in the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

reshmams wrote: »
    Alright. Yes there is a site map in the contract which shows the location of the property. There is no dimensions mentioned there. However, I could get this dimension information from the planning permission website which does not match the property number shown in brochure. I am guessing that should be fine.

Thanks for reply. So its fine to not have this info in contract. I was thinking that there should be info on the land area in sqm in the contract.

If you look at the map, it will have a scale in one of the corners, you can use that to measure dimensions of your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 reshmams

Dav010 wrote: »
    If you look at the map, it will have a scale in one of the corners, you can use that to measure dimensions of your site.

Thanks a lot for that information. I will check that in the site map.

Advertisement