Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often should you replace your wedges?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    I should back myself more…google Colin Montgomery Wilson and plenty of images playing the classic ultra irons…even one from Scottish golf museum with a set….

I’m just not old enough to remember :D remember the Yonex hat for years in the 90s. Seems he was so committed to Wilson he married someone with that surname!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    A new wedge will actually launch lower but bite a bit better.

Think of it if the ball and club are wet, the ball tends to pop up due to lack of spin.

A new wedge will give you more spin at least for a time and shiny things are always nice :)

Ping wedges are supposed to retain spin when wet - Some coating/finish they put on them

TXG did a thing on them where the sprayed water on the wedges and the spin loss on standard wedges over the pings was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Ping wedges are supposed to retain spin when wet - Some coating/finish they put on them

TXG did a thing on them where the sprayed water on the wedges and the spin loss on standard wedges over the pings was huge.

Yeah I seen that but never had a chance to try them. Ping have some if the most expensive wedges out there but probably worth it if they keep the same spin through wetter conditions

Advertisement