Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotovator died

Options
  • 27-05-2021 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an Einhell Rotovator its something like Gmc 3050 on the logo
    I can of course get the details.

The crank popped out the side the other day and although I didn't strip the engine it looks like the problem was a pin at the base of the con rod not being tightened. One was missing and the other bent and still holding a bit of the side that goes under the con rod.

The oil was o/k so I assume the piston and cylinder are fine.

Does anyone have a scrap unit they would maybe want to unload the bits I need form, or does anyone need bits for a similar rotavator?

I would like to get it working but if not it seems a pity to dump what was a good little tool.

I think the engine cost is 260 euro which is a bit much really and not in stock anyway.

I would have to strip the new engine, I wouldn't trust them to have screwed everything together either.

SK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

if you google Einhell they offer a full parts service

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

eusap wrote: »
    if you google Einhell they offer a full parts service
    Einhell do list an engine that is out of stock.
    The cost of two sixty Euro is nearly the rotavator price.

They don't do engine parts and even if I bought it I would have to strip it anyway as I am sure the problem was related to the original manufacture.

Thanks

SK

Advertisement