Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB delays for months now: What's going on?

Options
  • 28-05-2021 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

ESB delays for months now: What's going on?
    This area's been declared open for Siro for quite a while now, over a year I think.

Siro install booked in March 2021 , Actavo are the contractors due do do the install and handling the booking date. The Siro kit is in view, just one pole away. They said ESB has to do the work of connecting that to the outside of this house. Delays, then more delays.

Actavo have now contacted me to say:
    ESB has asked them to contact all customers and say ESB will not be working on any of the installs, indefinitely.

So it's now stalled completely. Has anyone any idea what's going on with ESB, and when it's likely to end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Where are you? Enniscorthy is the same, they made a big burst last year, they're back here again now, TLI are doing the work, maybe they'll actually finish and provide customers with the service. I spoke to one of the lads on the job he's on the connecting to the power lines crew he reckons it will be available in a month to two months time. Hopefully he's right and I can ditch VM and their price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chiral_fluid

Well, when I was living in Ongar SIRO website has been saying that FTTH should become available within 6 months.

After 3 years it just says that it's not available. The SIRO cabinet was literally in front of my house. Fortunately I've moved since then.

So, they have some issues and glitches. Though they are lightning fast comparing to openeir and VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

andublin wrote: »
    Actavo have now contacted me to say:
    ESB has asked them to contact all customers and say ESB will not be working on any of the installs, indefinitely.

If I had to bet the unions arent happy.

Well, when I was living in Ongar SIRO website has been saying that FTTH should become available within 6 months.

After 3 years it just says that it's not available. The SIRO cabinet was literally in front of my house. Fortunately I've moved since then.

So, they have some issues and glitches. Though they are lightning fast comparing to openeir and VM.

I've never seen a Siro fibre cabinet everything seems to be in the ground here. Never had a bother with VM here it's just those bloody price rises every year!!

ED E wrote: »
    If I had to bet the unions arent happy.

ESB vans around here all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 chiral_fluid

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I've never seen a Siro fibre cabinet everything seems to be in the ground here. Never had a bother with VM here it's just those bloody price rises every year!!

Well, there was a cabinet and a manhole with SIRO logo in Ongar.

Also from what I understand their OLTs are located in high volatge cabinets. Their logo was on such a cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭andublin

I'm in Dublin 13.
    Actavo rang me two weeks ago, left a message. I called back and they said the ESB were going to proceed, probably within two weeks. I think that's what they told me last March, and many times since . . . .
    Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

andublin wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin 13.
    Actavo rang me two weeks ago, left a message. I called back and they said the ESB were going to proceed, probably within two weeks. I think that's what they told me last March, and many times since . . . .
    Still nothing.

I'm in Dublin 11, they asked for permission to run cabling across my property. Four years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭andublin

Finally!

And installed on 2021-07-15. Only took from March, despite being "Available"

Now to see how it goes . . .

Post edited by andublin on

Advertisement