Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Emulator for Android Tablet

• 28-05-2021 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

Picked up a Samsung Tablet and want to install Desktop WhatsApp on it as don't want to get Sim or have to reset it on Phone.

Want desktop what's App so we can use it for Video calls unless there is another way of installing it that wont affect it on phone or having to reset etc

Whats the best way of doing this ?

Googled and came across app called Wine need to look mroe into it

Any suggestions on who I can work this?

Cheers

Comments

there is this way for video calls but you can't have the same account in two places on android

else get a free burner sim for free from Eir or something to receive the text code just to have a whatsapp account just for video calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

glasso wrote: »
    there is this way for video calls but you can't have the same account in two places on android

else get a free burner sim for free from Eir or something to receive the text code just to have a whatsapp account just for video calls

Thanks

What i have is what's app on the phone and what's app Web on pc and laptop. If i install whatsapp on tablet it sets up as primary thus rendering one on phone to not work.

I can make video calls via Windows and laptop and has no affect on WhatsApp on the phone.

So i was looking if possible to emulate windows, similar to blue stack which emulates android on Windows.Then i can use emulator to install what's app Web app for windows on android

Looking at program called wine not sure if it's solution

Don’t want to use second sim just looking at options if it is possible

wine on android only runs a limited selection of apps so pretty sure that it will NOT run the whatsapp windows app

https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/running-windows-apps-on-android-devices-wine-3/
    As most of us own a device powered by an ARM CPU, we can only run WinRT apps using Wine on Android. The list of supported WinRT apps is small, as you must have guessed by now; and you can access the complete app list on this thread on XDA Developers.

However, if you are fortunate enough to hold a device with an Intel CPU like ASUS ZenFone 2, you have a lot more choices to pick from the supported apps.

That is because you can run Win32 apps, i.e., x86 aka 32-bit apps using Wine for Android.

you can get a PAYG free sim and top up by the min - best solution imo if you want do this not using your main phone sim

glasso wrote: »
    wine on android only runs a limited selection of apps so pretty sure that it will NOT run the whatsapp windows app

https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/running-windows-apps-on-android-devices-wine-3/

you can get a PAYG free sim and top up by the min - best solution imo if you want do this not using your main phone sim

Cheers just have to stick with the usual Zoom,Skype etc for video calls dont want to go down the root of getting new Sim not worth it for amount of times I would use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »

Yeah this will hopefully solve problem so can work whatsapp from tablet without sim installed

Advertisement