Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Just had a look through the field, some decent players there and some that are well worthy of following. Can’t wait to see Wilco Nienaber take on the par 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭OEP

Motivator wrote: »
    Just had a look through the field, some decent players there and some that are well worthy of following. Can’t wait to see Wilco Nienaber take on the par 5s.

Watching himself and McIlroy hit drives would be worth the admission price for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is Rahm coming back?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Neewollah

Anyone have a link to the current field?

Is Rahm coming back?

Sadly not Mantis. Rahm's next event will be the Scottish Open in Renaissance Club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'd a look at the entry list there, still a lot of quality in the field. Even following a guy like Andy Sullivan you'd see decent golf, he's not in best of form but he's still on another level
    Guys like Ryan Fox, John Catlin- not household names but unbelievable players

I see mark power has one of the amateur spots but nobody listed yet for the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's easily the best euro tour field in months, probably since Saudi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    What about Robert Macintyre, Victor Perez?

Both playing

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Neewollah

Speak Now wrote: »

Thanks for that. Thats a really good line up as European tour goes these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Quahog217

I have got 3 tickets for Friday, when purchased i just put my own name on them as I was sure who was coming with me, turns out no one really wants to go so how do i go about selling them i wonder? I could i sell them and meet the people at the gate, go in together and then go our separate ways, might be easiest option?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dizzydoll

Quahog217 wrote: »
    I have got 3 tickets for Friday, when purchased i just put my own name on them as I was sure who was coming with me, turns out no one really wants to go so how do i go about selling them i wonder? I could i sell them and meet the people at the gate, go in together and then go our separate ways, might be easiest option?

Hi Quahog,

I'm looking for 2 tickets for Saturday or Sunday but have found out some information. You can amend the ticket names on the tickets by logging into Eventbrite up to tomorrow. The tickets will then be emailed to you and if you have changed the names at that stage & money has changed hands then you only need to forward the tickets to the new owner. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭JoeCole26

Brother-in-law got 2 tickets for the Friday, but he is after noticing they are concession tickets - will be himself and his son going. Think there will be an issue getting in with these? Doesn't want to travel down only for them not to get it. He has emailed the event organizer to see if there is anything they might be able to do - he is happy to pay the difference and admin fee to change. Just wondering how strict they will be.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Northern lassie

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Hi Quahog,

I'm looking for 2 tickets for Saturday or Sunday but have found out some information. You can amend the ticket names on the tickets by logging into Eventbrite up to tomorrow. The tickets will then be emailed to you and if you have changed the names at that stage & money has changed hands then you only need to forward the tickets to the new owner. Hope this helps!

At the moment members haven't received their tickets. If they don't get them by tomorrow, does it mean that they can't change the name of the tickets and pass them on to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Members are being sent a ticketing code where we fill in the days we want to go,also collect parking pass in golf shop by Sunday,they sent a graphic of the layout for tournament might help some people

Victor Perez has withdrawn from next week's Irish Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

FYI: Please note that the wearing of Face Masks is mandatory inside and outside for this Pilot event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    Anyone aware of any other covid 'rules' surrounding the event , it seems like there is no seating according to previous posts ,from previous experience at these events it can be a long tiring (albeit enjoyable) day with lots of walking. Part of the fun for me would be the visits to the various drinks tents ,betting emporiums ,tented village . Have 2 tickets for Thursday, however should there be any strict rules re mask wearing ,vaccine proof etc they can shove it !

The email this morning says face masks mandatory. So if you're interested in selling those Thursday tickets let me know, I'm after one more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

FYI: Please note that the wearing of Face Masks is mandatory inside and outside for this Pilot event.

And just like that I'm no longer disappointed I didnt get any tickets. Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Sent you a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dizzydoll

At the moment members haven't received their tickets. If they don't get them by tomorrow, does it mean that they can't change the name of the tickets and pass them on to someone.

Hey northern lass,

Tickets were issuing this morning as far as I am aware with the names that were given at time of booking if not changed since. It's unlikely that the names can be changed once the tickets have issued. If you have a weekend ticket I would wait & hopefully someone that attends the first day or two will be able to tell everyone how strict they are on entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

And just like that I'm no longer disappointed I didnt get any tickets. Farcical.

Surely pilot events shouldn't require face masks outside, unless we plan on wearing face masks forevermore everywhere?

I thought pilot events were about gauging whether a safe return to normal viewing practices is possible, how does face masks everywhere help achieve that?

I did not receive a PM

If i cant change the names on my tickets, i assume my mated will not get in on Friday? Any ideas? Like 3 tickets are still in my name and eventbrite are not responding to my emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

I did not receive a PM

Apologies, should be sent now.

I'll just have to spend the day continually eating and drinking so :D

I cant see names being an issue, they'll just be scanning QR codes on way in after getting asked the usual covid questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Speak Now wrote: »
    I'll just have to spend the day continually eating and drinking so :D

There'll be a lot of dapper chin nappies around the place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

If we have to wear masks at all times around Mount Juliet does this mean no food or drink will be served on the course?

• Advertisement

Stacksey wrote: »
    If we have to wear masks at all times around Mount Juliet does this mean no food or drink will be served on the course?

Tented village will have a hospitality area for outdoor dining.

Advertisement