Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

And just like that I'm no longer disappointed I didnt get any tickets. Farcical.

absolutely sickening and farcical to be forced into wearing silly masks out in gods fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

nonsheep7 wrote: »
    absolutely sickening and farcical to be forced into wearing silly masks out in gods fresh air

I agree with this. Why didn’t they announce the masks situation before people bought tickets. Surely a fully vaccinated person shouldn’t have to wear a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    I agree with this. Why didn’t they announce the masks situation before people bought tickets. Surely a fully vaccinated person shouldn’t have to wear a mask.

A fully vaccinated person can still have covid and pass it on, so a mask helps then. Having the vaccine just stops the vaccinated person from feeling the effects of Covid.

FYI I’m against having masks at the event anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nonsheep7

big_drive wrote: »
    The email this morning says face masks mandatory. So if you're interested in selling those Thursday tickets let me know, I'm after one more

Yes I am interested in selling ,one is in my name ,the 2nd in wife's, we had planned a 3 night stay but going to cancel all now because of all the silly stringent rules, pm me tomorrow afternoon Sunday ,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mooz

Yes I am interested in selling ,one is in my name ,the 2nd in wife's, we had planned a 3 night stay but going to cancel all now because of all the silly stringent rules, pm me tomorrow afternoon Sunday ,thanks.

Hiya, am interested in taking a ticket off you if this arrangement falls through. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'm sorted thanks. Pro up the club was getting rid of one for Thursday. Say you'll have no problem with it , lots looking
    Thanks for getting back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Very jealous of anyone that got tickets for this.

I'd highly recommend following a group for a full 18 holes rather than staying in the one spot, you'll see more interesting shots that way.

The lack of crowds will mean you'll be able to follow 95% of groups and see every single shot.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Was up in Mount Juliet today to collect my parking pass from golfshop,place looking really well with all the livery around and couple of tour trucks already in,practice area looking really well, can't wait for Thursday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

1967 wrote: »
    Was up in Mount Juliet today to collect my parking pass from golfshop,place looking really well with all the livery around and couple of tour trucks already in,practice area looking really well, can't wait for Thursday morning

What’s the story with parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Looking forward to this now :) hopefully Shane and Padraig will be on opposite sides of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

Very jealous of anyone that got tickets for this.

I'd highly recommend following a group for a full 18 holes rather than staying in the one spot, you'll see more interesting shots that way.

The lack of crowds will mean you'll be able to follow 95% of groups and see every single shot.

Enjoy

Just to add to this- I know the mask wearing etc can seem illogical to some but you will quite literally never get a chance again to be this close to Rory, Bob McIntyre, Guido etc with these these small crowds and so up close and able to be this close to action and see how good their ball striking truely is!

Masks will be annoying but there will obviously be the food/ beverage exemptions and as a general viewing experience to get up close to good golf, I imagine this will one of the best Irish opens ever for those lucky enough to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

If anyone is offloading a ticket I'd love to take one for Friday or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CPC90

Hi all, I am looking for 1 adult ticket for Sunday if anyone is selling can they let me know. Thanks a million. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

Looking for 2 tickets for Thursday or Friday, if anybody looking to offload them send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thelankylad

Looking for one ticket for Sunday if anyone has a spare available, many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I'm expecting Rory out late on Thursday and early Friday based on the tv schedule. Coverage not to start until 1pm on Thursday and 5 hours none stop and earlier on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Attending on Sunday :D massive thx to the boards golf community!
    Now.. better to scream MASHED POTATOES or BABA BOOEY?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Attending on Sunday :D massive thx to the boards golf community!
    Now.. better to scream MASHED POTATOES or BABA BOOEY?

TAKE OFF YOUR MASK ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

TAKE OFF YOUR MASK ;)

delete.jpg

Can we bring signs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    callaway92 wrote: »
    A fully vaccinated person can still have covid and pass it on, so a mask helps then. Having the vaccine just stops the vaccinated person from feeling the effects of Covid.

FYI I’m against having masks at the event anyway though.
    Just to add to this- I know the mask wearing etc can seem illogical to some but you will quite literally never get a chance again to be this close to Rory, Bob McIntyre, Guido etc with these these small crowds and so up close and able to be this close to action and see how good their ball striking truely is!

Masks will be annoying but there will obviously be the food/ beverage exemptions and as a general viewing experience to get up close to good golf, I imagine this will one of the best Irish opens ever for those lucky enough to be there
    TAKE OFF YOUR MASK ;)
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    delete.jpg

Can we bring signs?

Collective response to all, no Covid discussion here please, restrictions (whatever they may be) are what they are.
    First post updated

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Motivator wrote: »
    What’s the story with parking?
    Think General parking is in red car park it's well signposted just up from main entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

paulie21 wrote: »

That's a pity, exciting player to watch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

Is someone else besides MacIntyre out "as well"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Is someone else besides MacIntyre out "as well"?

Perez withdrew last week

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

Perez withdrew last week

Shoot -thanks Paulie didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Overall a pretty weak field, thankfully just enough big names to have good enough featured groups.

Main players: (world ranking)
    Rory Mcilroy (10)
    Tommy Fleetwood (33)
    Shane Lowry (43)
    Christian bezuidenhout (46)
    Daniel Van Tonder (77)
    Martin Kaymer (78)
    Andy Sullivan (80)
    Antoine Rozner (81)
    John Catlin (84)
    Sam Horsfiled (86)
    Lucas Hebert (91)
    Brandon Stone (92)
    Dean Burmester (93)
    Thomas Detry (96)
    Jason Scrivner (99)
    Richard Bland (112)
    Padraig Harrington (155)
    Graeme McDowell (167)
    Joost Luiten (184)
    Andrew Johnson (244)
    Victor Dubission (251)

Disappointing not to see rahm making the trip considering he has good history at the Irish open :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Balls, I was looking forward to seeing him live in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Weather looking dicey enough over the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Will the tee times be released later today?

Advertisement