Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel to usa currently?

Options
  • 28-05-2021 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Whats the status for travelling to the usa currently?

It seems a no go since march

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SushiLover31

Would love to know this, currently trying to plan a honeymoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Not allowed unless you're a US citizen or a specific essential reason

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Memorial Day weekend. Parts of the US are opening up. Other parts somewhat. California’s governor plans to remove many of the restrictions mid-June.

President Biden is hoping for an almost normal country by July 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭beachhead

Internal restrictions being lifted.No plans for arrivals into US as yet.I would think they wait for 80-90% vaccination level in other countries and a reciprocal arrangements for their citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Not allowed unless you're a US citizen or a specific essential reason

Or legal permanent resident (green card holders etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

August I'd say will be opened up, possibly very late July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

If you’re married to an American, you can travel to America.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

poisonated wrote: »
    If you’re married to an American, you can travel to America.

where .......will i find....an american..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

I've NYC booked for September. Reckon I'll be alright for then, lads? I'd imagine the majority here and there will be fully vaccinated by then..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Very little pressure so far in the US to open up to foreign tourists - probably the mix of Dems being cautious and the GOP having gone fully anti-foreigners. Many service businesses are struggling for staff based on just domestic demand, not sure they want to rush to pile on more coal on that fire.

I'd expect late summer to open but given the above situation it doesn't hurt them to hold out as long as they can to try to get their vaccination rates up as much as they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Duff wrote: »
    I've NYC booked for September. Reckon I'll be alright for then, lads? I'd imagine the majority here and there will be fully vaccinated by then..

i have sept booked too. hope it goes ahead but they seem in no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JohnHoltt

Each country has its own rules and they might change daily with the critical situation in the world. On the last trips I went on I used this site https://www.africanjacana.com/cuba/havana/ and changed the location to what I needed. Here you can find a lot of useful information such as the safety rate, warnings, and the documents you need to get there. The best part is that if you scroll down you can find a comment section and address the questions you have and maybe someone that has been there and may help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭jlow1

Does anybody know if an American passport holder who is resident in Ireland requires a PCR test in order to travel to the US?

Person is double vaccinated but hasn't travelled to the states since 2019. TIA.

I don't believe they require a test on arrival.

However if it was me, I'd have one anyway just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

American Airlines and BA require a negative test. Best to double check just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SweetSand

Everyone traveling to US regardless of citizenship or vaccination status requires a negative PCR or Antigen test taken within 3 days before departure. There are few exceptions, like kids under 2, US military and if you recovered from Covid 3 months max prior to departure date.

Yeah, am headed to Mexico in a few weeks.

No restrictions going in, but need a PCR test to come back to the US.

Or I could drive back and not have to do any test.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Where does someone go for these tests? What if you don't the results before your flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's testing facilities at Dublin airport, if you don't have the results beforehand you don't fly.

RocDoc is based in the Green carpark, across the road from Kealy's.

If you have no negative result when you check-in, then you don't check-in. Remember, it's check-in, not boarding. So don't factor the time getting through security into your plans.

RocDoc was not busy when I went in. I got my results about 40 mins after the test.

So based on the information released yesterday it seemed to only state visitors requiring a test?

Anybody see did it say US citizens travelling from Ireland?

Also any news piece I read didn't mention whether it was a PCR or an Antigen test required?

I assume the RocDoc only does antigen ones hence the quick turnaround?

The airlines require a negative test, not the country.

US passengers and non-US should all have a negative COVID test.

Antigen or PCR is accepted. RocDoc do both. Antigen takes 30 mins, PCR takes 24 hours.

AA for example: https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions?affiliateId=americanairlines

Thanks just found that Sherpa page last night via Aer Lingus site, very helpful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a new Order for all air passengers traveling to the United States. Effective November 8, 2021, all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

The current requirement to have a test is also a CDC requirement, they just put the onus on the airline to check.

Presumably this will just be updated to also include vaccination status and the different requirement for tests based on vaccinated status?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I wonder will they keep the test for USCs too? Given it’s already there I presume they will?

doh! Just seen further down in your link Fathom that they will require a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Do under 18 year old have to be vaccinated ? Travelling to Orlando in April with 3 kids under 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Might also be useful to check policies in hotels and theme parks.

Advertisement