Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAB house, going cheap... Would you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Treppen wrote: »
    400k for large modern house in D12

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/lavish-home-seized-kinahan-mobster-24200628

Would you if you had the cash? ... well, mortgage money of course, who the heck has 400k in cash :pac:

CAB house in D22, probably worth 600k and no one will touch it for 400k. The locals who own it, just let themselves back in shortly after being chucked out. Depends on the local history tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

You would probably have to knock most of the outbuildings. I can't imagine planning was given, or even sought for them.

Is this the 3rd thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Far too much risk of a reprisal. If it was a standalone house somewhere and you wanted the site, buying and immediately knocking could be an option but not for an estate house like that.

When you consider that CAB vehicles are either given new plates or used by the Guards (rarely, but some armoured vehicles have gone to them) rather than directly sold with their old plates for that reason; and a house is clearly easier to find than a car...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

400k for large modern house in D12

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/lavish-home-seized-kinahan-mobster-24200628

Would you if you had the cash? ... well, mortgage money of course, who the heck has 400k in cash :pac:

Just down the road from another well known dealer apparently. I personally wouldn't touch it. I don't think you'd be able to live peacefully in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Madness that 400K for D12 is considered cheap!

Wouldn't touch it with a 20ft pole it would takes years before you had any peace of mind.

As for people who have 400K in cash... drug dealers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

1 of his mates might snap it up.
    Could you imagine the clause in the contract,not connected too the previous owner in any form

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not on your nelly would I touch it, property is marked indefinitely, you can be pretty sure the former residents still have friends, possibly family in the neighbourhood and equally sure there won't be much of a welcome for any potential purchaser.

As an aside but on a different scale, Rural repossessed properties also extremely difficult to sell, not from a potentially criminality concern/point of view. I'm living near 3 in a very rural location, all have been lying idle since the crash, numerous attempts to sell to no avail, one still has a sign up for an auctioneering firm that went bust 8 years ago, and all surrounded by Direct family relatives. There's also a number of unfinished properties with zero chance they'll ever be sold, It's quite sad given housing shortages but at the same time I also have sympathy for all and anyone who faced repossession.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Madness that the "crown jewell" of his "top tier" criminal enterprise was a semi detached house in d12.

#ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Madness that the "crown jewell" of his "top tier" criminal enterprise was a semi detached house in d12.

#ireland

That we and Cab know about :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

#ireland

At least he was more true to his roots than Mr Proper 12 :pac:

But ya there was at least 6 houses in that square area listed in a newspaper that are family.. Not to mention de biker boys up the road

Speedline wrote: »
    You would probably have to knock most of the outbuildings. I can't imagine planning was given, or even sought for them.

I'd say they'd have to do everything to code (building wise anyway)... It's not like they'd skimp a few Bob on an architect.

Another story has one of them totally refurbishing the house... not liking it... and doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

I'd say they'd have to do everything to code (building wise anyway)... It's not like they'd skimp a few Bob on an architect.

Another story has one of them totally refurbishing the house... not liking it... and doing it again.

He had a coke addicted builder do all the work for him so would of cost much less than getting done by the books

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

If it's cheap enough it may well be worth the occasional mistaken drive by or fire bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Council should buy it for the housing crisis. Tenants in need would jump at it. Plenty of room for a big family. Ok Boss.

So are people saying that if you bought the house next door or on that street you would be paying more than 400k to live beside gangsters and bike gangs?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Buy it and sell back to them at a substantial profit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

tommybrees wrote: »
    Buy it and sell back to them at a substantial profit

Council should buy it for the housing crisis. Tenants in need would jump at it. Plenty of room for a big family. Ok Boss.

House would go to a local... Locals know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

fvp4 wrote: »
    So are people saying that if you bought the house next door or on that street you would be paying more than 400k to live beside gangsters and bike gangs?
    I just stumbled across this thread and I actually know the guy that lives next door.

• Advertisement

I just stumbled across this thread and I actually know the guy that lives next door.

Ordinary Descent Chap?

Advertisement