Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heysel

• 29-05-2021 12:53am

Today anniversary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A seismic day for football, with long standing repercussions. Nobody should ever go to a game of football and not go home again. Often described as the darkest day in European football 39 dead and I believe over 600 injured.

Police and a number of Liverpool fans sentenced for manslaughter and the banning of all English teams from Europe. Hard to argue against it certainly being up there as one of the darkest anyway.

May they rest in peace.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

A seismic day for football, with long standing repercussions. Nobody should ever go to a game of football and not go home again. Often described as the darkest day in European football 36 dead and I believe over 600 injured.

Police and a number of Liverpool fans sentenced for manslaughter and the banning of all English teams from Europe. Hard to argue against it certainly being up there as one of the darkest anyway.

May they rest in peace.

A day of shame for English football and Liverpool in particular.

May they Rest in Peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Italy Rocco Acerra, 29
    Italy Bruno Balli, 50
    Belgium Alfons Bos, 35
    Italy Giancarlo Bruschera, 21
    Italy Andrea Casula, 11
    Italy Giovanni Casula, 44
    Italy Nino Cerullo, 24
    Belgium Willy Chielens, 41
    Italy Giuseppina Conti, 17
    Belgium Dirk Daeninckx, 38
    Italy Dionisio Fabbro, 51
    France Jacques François, 45
    Italy Eugenio Gagliano, 35
    Italy Francesco Galli, 24
    Italy Giancarlo Gonnelli, 20
    Italy Alberto Guarini, 21
    Italy Giovacchino Landini, 50
    Italy Roberto Lorentini, 31
    Italy Barbara Lusci, 58
    Italy Franco Martelli, 22
    Italy Loris Messore, 28
    Italy Gianni Mastroiaco, 20
    Italy Sergio Bastino Mazzino, 38
    Italy Luciano Rocco Papaluca, 38
    Italy Luigi Pidone, 31
    Italy Benito Pistolato, 50
    Northern Ireland Patrick Radcliffe, 38
    Italy Domenico Ragazzi, 44
    Italy Antonio Ragnanese, 49
    France Claude Robert, 27
    Italy Mario Ronchi, 43
    Italy Domenico Russo, 28
    Italy Tarcisio Salvi, 49
    Italy Gianfranco Sarto, 47
    Italy Amedeo Giuseppe Spolaore, 55
    Italy Mario Spanu, 41
    Italy Tarcisio Venturin, 23
    Belgium Jean Michel Walla, 32
    Italy Claudio Zavaroni, 28

One of the darkest days of world football and you'd hope / think we will never see the likes of it again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I remember it well even thought I was fairly young at the time. The English media were at pains to point out that it wasn't just the English fans to blame. That death list certainly implies it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I never realised there was 600 injured till reading about it few years ago.

600 people is nuts..I read about one man who had learn how walk again.

We remember the 39 dead and of course they suffered the ultimate faith sadly, but we cant forget the people who hold the scars still today. Sadly they are forgotten about.

Only 14 fans were sentenced and sadly many got away with it and probably still go to games to this day.

Thankfully we have only seen a handful of violence in stadium's since that day (EL final 2016 for one) and thankfully stadiums are much better equipped now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement