Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I hereby nominated myself to be archduke scalper when someone assassinates me World War V begins
    Damn I missed WW III + IV. I'll have to go through them before WW V.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That's the beauty of my death it envelopes III and IV and jumps straight to V

Peter Griffin logic is sound

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, I thought it was some kind of Vampire thing.
    Oh well the glitter goes back in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Switch Pro listed on a French site for €399.

https://twitter.com/nintendalerts/status/1400025396356292615?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

maxresdefault.jpg

Today is supposed to be the day the New Super Nintendo Switch is revealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where have the rumours about today come from? Are they reliable?

Also, seen this in relation to the above Tweet.

https://twitter.com/KeliosFR/status/1400032176486428675

Where have the rumours about today come from? Are they reliable?

Lots of industry insiders have said the Super Nintendo Switch is on the way, as well as reputable sites like Wccftech and Forbes. It could be into the early hours of Friday for us when it's revealed. It's supposed to be around midnight for the US.

I guess it's about time they released the Switch Pro. I've had the controller for it for years.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwUugojMwR5HdqIiP9VGzHB6o3ZOmdZy3sVAWHCNi03THNW6z3rvxI22_DTd3aWJ_lWV9qFiRm_3qCyLN9sABeTKa9zN_rznSMUgJqGzu1aP_q5kWbvIVENw&usqp=CAc

One of the reasons why Pro may not be in the title is that PlayStation has used it. The Nintendo Super Switch, or NSS, or SS, would work fine as a name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    SS, would work fine as a name.

That one might not be the best option.

Skyward Sword is often abbreviated to SS. Or maybe it'll be SNS, even that has meaning. So much does these days. They could change the Switch logo to look more like an "S".
    E29SzsMXwAYivQ8?format=jpg&name=900x900

Thought that was a Bubble Bobble enemy at first. Or a Canadian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

sligeach wrote: »
    Skyward Sword is often abbreviated to SS. Or maybe it'll be SNS, even that has meaning. So much does these days. They could change the Switch logo to look more like an "S".
    E29SzsMXwAYivQ8?format=jpg&name=900x900

What about the Switch Home Integrated Technology Entertainment System?

Or for short the....

Surprised no one's suggested this for a name:

lhr1xql6h3271.png

https://i.redd.it/lhr1xql6h3271.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Clearly has to be Switch64 to honour the moving from 6.2in diag screen to 6.4in diag as the only upgrade on the 1.1 version.

This to be released alongside Metroid Prime HD Trilogy and Starfox Grand Prix?

What about the Switch Home Integrated Technology Entertainment System?

Or for short the....

Something about it doesn't smell right.

• Advertisement

I was thinking 10.30-11pm tonight would be an ideal compromise for most regions to hear about an announcement. But Nintendo don't have to, there's still around 2 weeks until their E3 presentations. And Nintendo hate leaks, so they could change it to, say next Thursday just to discredit the leakers. They recently completely cancelled their Zelda collaboration with Netflix after someone from there leaked it out.

Annnny minute now?

This is Nintendo, who up until a few months ago, made us wait 17 months for the last proper Direct.

Some of the leakers are now backpedaling on social media.

https://twitter.com/NateTheHate2/status/1400515251385294852

Nintendo Switch Pro Docked Performance Will Be Optimized for 1440p Resolution; DLSS May Be Locked Out at Launch – Rumour

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-pro-docked-performance-will-be-optimized-for-1440p-resolution-dlss-may-be-locked-out-at-launch-rumor/

You wouldn't know what to believe anymore, after last week. :confused:

I wonder if Nintendo ever intended to show it last week and are just trying to discredit "leakers" or if the reports were actually wrong.
    If third parties were hoping to use the Pro's existence for their presentations, they need to announce its existence before then or the presentations will need to be updated.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wonder if Nintendo ever intended to show it last week and are just trying to discredit "leakers" or if the reports were actually wrong.
    If third parties were hoping to use the Pro's existence for their presentations, they need to announce its existence before then or the presentations will need to be updated.

Was there anything from Nintendo saying there was going to be anything released last week? Because until that point, we're not talking "reports", but "rumours".

(Yes, I'd like actual detail on the new hardware, but I'm extraordinarily uninterested in reading speculative - and often uniformed - pish from people taking a wild guess and then being reported as absolute fact...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Always worth remembering a substantial portion of ‘leaks’ and ‘rumours’ may well have literally just been made up by some lad on Reddit. And there’s a whole host of cheap clickbait websites that will regurgitate the rumours as news.

Not to say there aren’t some well-informed folk posting accurate speculation online here and there, plus actual decent reporters like the hardware beat folks in Bloomberg. But with many leakers they throw out so much **** that only the law of averages means they very occasionally hit the mark.

Fysh wrote: »
    Was there anything from Nintendo saying there was going to be anything released last week? Because until that point, we're not talking "reports", but "rumours".

(Yes, I'd like actual detail on the new hardware, but I'm extraordinarily uninterested in reading speculative - and often uniformed - pish from people taking a wild guess and then being reported as absolute fact...)

That's what I mean. There was nothing from Nintendo but I wonder if they planned to announce it then decided to delay when people started reporting on the possible announcement.
    With the Direct format and with announcements via twitter they can just change when they want without worrying about press events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Chances are that Nintendo will announce it on their E3 direct, and after they've revealed it, game creators will be able to show their content for it.

Advertisement