Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 20: Verbania → Alpe Motta, 164 km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Caruso deserves to win this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Martinez shredding what's left of the GC Group, very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭griffin100

Would love to see Caruso take the stage. Bardet not doing too much work here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Dodge wrote: »
    Hope Caruso gets the stage. Bardet hasn’t helped a leg (probably can’t)

In fairness DSM set up the move so I think either deserve and I hope one of them does take the stage!

Caruso deserves to win this stage

I hope he hangs on, and Bardet doesn't poach it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Caruso basically begging Bardet to help and he won’t/can’t. I think they’ll be caught now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Bardet cooked

It steepens again after this respite, looks like they may get caught out front.

OcnShyF51zYs6yJ9Pewe_220421-025552.jpg?v=20210422165552

Yates has popped a bit, and Bardet wasn't faking it, he popped eventually! Caruso looks like he's got this!

Martinez riding into 3rd like this, considering he had to chase twice on the flat this is some performance from Martinez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,454 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Phenomenal ride by Caruso, delighted for him.
    Martinez a certain future grand tour winner based on what he did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

I thought Wiggins mate (who's apparently the Pope of chiropractors, according to Wiggo yesterday) said Bernal's back was "falling off"?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Phenomenal ride by Caruso, delighted for him.
    Martinez a certain future grand tour winner based on what he did there.

No chance. He’s a great domestique but there’s literally 5 stronger GC contenders on his own team and he’s older than most of them

He’s already had a fine career so I’m not knocking him but the likes of him, Kuss and before him Porte etc are different to the lads who can win grand tours

I thought Wiggins mate (who's apparently the Pope of chiropractors, according to Wiggo yesterday) said Bernal's back was "falling off"?

Wiggins talks some crap, I don't think he even is aware of what's going on because some of what he says makes no sense or is glaringly obvious. For me he adds nothing to the commentating.

Delighted for Carusso

Great to see Caruso win, and hopefully he holds onto second in the TT tomorrow, he deserves it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Absolutely delighted for Caruso.

Great Giro, Bernal is class act and won well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Dodge wrote: »
    No chance. He’s a great domestique but there’s literally 5 stronger GC contenders on his own team and he’s older than most of them

He’s already had a fine career so I’m not knocking him but the likes of him, Kuss and before him Porte etc are different to the lads who can win grand tours

He just turned 25 last month?

He just turned 25 last month?

And he won the Dauphine last year.

And he won the Dauphine last year.

Fuglsang has won it twice

I thought Carapaz and TGS were both younger so I’m off there. He’s still older than Pogacar, Bernal, Almeida, Remco etc etc

But how many times have we seen the super domestiques like Porte, Kuss, Tyler Hamilton, etc etc be tipped for grand tour wins and they just never do

Martinez is a great rider but it’s different when you’re a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Wiggins talks loads of crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,454 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dodge wrote:

He's only 25, who else besides Bernal is younger than him?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,163 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

eagle eye wrote: »
    He's only 25, who else besides Bernal is younger than him?

Dunbar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Out all day so only caught the highlights. Really wanted to see Yates attack early and Bernal struggle. But at the same time I think I would have been disappointed if Bernal didn’t win. By far the best rider over the 3 weeks. Even when he looked like he was going to crack he held on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It was brilliant. The amount of times Carusso has been that solider, you can tell he really appreciates the effort from Bilbao.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement