Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up Windows Computer

Options
  • 29-05-2021 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Trying to set, my mother's laptop, and it won't allow me to set up with a Microsoft email....how do I avoid setting up a Microsoft email to continue...

My mother can barely log into Facebook and her email without difficulty, the idea of her needing a third account to remember

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Disconnect it from the Wi-Fi and try again, should let you set up without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

yeah - this is a hassle with the latest windows 10 installs - you can mess about with the installation menus - going in to create a new account then cancelling a few times - and eventually an option will appear in small text to set up pc without creating a microsoft account.

I did it for my pcs and it worked - no microsoft account needed.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement