Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for bl touch?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Brackwom

Ender 3 pro 4.2.2 board is a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

So just to update; went with this one in the end https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RZBFQK3/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1 - I didn't do too much homework into it, just grabbed it really since it said Ender 3 Pro in the title.

Didn't fully realise what was involved in the install to be honest going into this, just knew bed levelling was taking me time and if I didn't do it each print I was having problems. Got it mounted and hooked into the motherboard no problem. I have an 8-bit board so flashing the updated software required the ISP cable thing, it was a bit of a rigmarole made harder because the instructions were in chinglish and the creality website they pointed me for downloading the firmware was a nonsense. Anyway, I did manage to get it sorted in the end without too much trouble really which I feel was probably just a lot of luck in finding suitable firmware elsewhere and picking the right one out of couple of possible options. It has been running great though and I'm getting great prints without manually levelling each time even though I see it is still advised in a few places to manually level your bed before each print even with a BLTouch ?!? I havent been doing that though and it's working fine but will check it every now and then to ensure it hasn't gone crazy.

Anyway onwards and upwards, next is to finish off my lack enclosure and trying and keep this thing printing as much as possible.

Advertisement