Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Relaxation of restrictions thread

Options
  • 29-05-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭

Hi

I received a ban from the relaxation of restrictions thread that I would like to appeal.

Many thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from DRP which only deals with Cards and Forum bans

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I don't know if you have attempted to resolve this with the mod directly, but here are the poste that triggered this:

Your post 21/5/21 @ 11:30am
    No we are talking applying the metrics used to justify lockdown for the past 5 months, in the future.

Only god himself knows what nPHEt used to justify the lockdown, but if we assume it was hospital numbers, it’s not outrageous to suggest that lockdown could indeed be used in future to prevent hospital overcrowding

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/flu-kills-44-as-hundreds-wait-on-trolleys-in-hospitals-1.4142887%3fmode=amp

Over 600 hospitalised with the flu, including many children under 5, in one week back in late 2019/early 2020.

Certainly, that should have been cause for lockdown, or it should be in future if we assume hospital numbers are justifying lockdown.

About 150 in hospital now, including icu, and we can’t sit and get a sandwich in a cafe

Surely almost 4 times that number should justify at least some mitigation measures
    Mod post 21/5/21 @ 12:27pm
    Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

This is all whataboutery and conspiracy theory stuff. This isnt the thread or forum for that. Stop it please.

Extract from your post 22/5/21@ 00:09am

Time to get back to normal, with the numbers of vaccinations now administered, this is now way less of an issue than the flu in Ireland

Mod post 22/5/21@ 00:25am
    Still banging that drum, even though you were told to give it a rest only a few hours ago

Don't post in this thread again

I would suggest you do engage further with the mod as I'm upholding this threadban

I would add you have, through the short history of the forum, picked up 8 yellows in the forum, including 6 in the various incarnations of that thread

You are looking at a forum ban with that record, but I'm not going to apply one at this stage. Much more in the way of forum sanctions and you will be banned. Removing you from that particular thread may be a bit of a blessing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Beasty wrote: »
    I don't know if you have attempted to resolve this with the mod directly, but here are the poste that triggered this:

Your post 21/5/21 @ 11:30am

Mod post 21/5/21 @ 12:27pm

Extract from your post 22/5/21@ 00:09am

Mod post 22/5/21@ 00:25am

I would suggest you do engage further with the mod as I'm upholding this threadban

I would add you have, through the short history of the forum, picked up 8 yellows in the forum, including 6 in the various incarnations of that thread

You are looking at a forum ban with that record, but I'm not going to apply one at this stage. Much more in the way of forum sanctions and you will be banned. Removing you from that particular thread may be a bit of a blessing

To be honest beasty I wasn’t expecting you to be impartial

You’ve actually threatened a forum ban here when I’m here seeking a resolution

I’ve PM’d another mod on the forum who said he would have no problem lifting the ban but as he didn’t issue it I need to either PM the mod who did or come here.

And you threaten a forum ban for the same issue

I’ve PM’d the mod who did issue the ban a few days ago and not got a response yet.

I’d say waiting for the mod to respond is my best option as your only solution is a forum ban

You’ve actually threatened a forum ban here when I’m here seeking a resolution

It is resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement