Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term employment & interviews

Options
  • 29-05-2021 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Just looking for advice on this;
    Recently applied for a job, submitting my cv and cover letter. I am currently employed on a C.E. scheme, having returned to this employment recently after lockdown this year.
    During lockdown, I managed to secure very temporary paid employment in a public sector job, ( it was a very temporary job and my services were only required a few days in duration). I did not include this job on the cv I submitted for the job mentioned above as it was just for a few days.
    Could I still mention this job despite it being omitted in my cv, in the event of being called for interview or would it come across badly?
    All advice appreciated.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I can't see any harm in including it. All experience is valuable and it shows your willingness to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mehico

I don't think it would come across badly at all, you can explain why you left if off the CV during the interview if you want but there is probably no need to. You could just outline that you have other relevant work experience not listed on the CV if it comes up in the interview and expand from there if asked.

Best of luck!

Advertisement