Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fritz Box NAS drive disappeared

• 29-05-2021 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

I have a Fritzbox 7530 and have an external drive connected to the router. It's been working great for the last 6 months (I use it mainly to stream movies via Plex). Suddenly today I can't connect to it. The shortcuts I have to it from my PC don't work either and \\fritz-nas is not recognised.

I plugged the external drive into my laptop and it's working fine. But when I plug it back into the router it's not appearing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

chewed wrote: »
    I have a Fritzbox 7530 and have an external drive connected to the router. It's been working great for the last 6 months (I use it mainly to stream movies via Plex). Suddenly today I can't connect to it. The shortcuts I have to it from my PC don't work either and \\fritz-nas is not recognised.

I plugged the external drive into my laptop and it's working fine. But when I plug it back into the router it's not appearing.

Any ideas?
    Did your Fritzbox update itself by any chance?

Also can you print fritz.box and if so try \\fritz.box or \\<ip_address>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

You know the usual thing to try powering off for a few minutes the on and recheck and might ip have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

I got it fixed in the end. I had to dismount the drive from the router user interface, unplug it from the router and then plug it back it in. It then sorted itself out and appearing again.

Advertisement