Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land registry mapping issue

Options
  • 29-05-2021 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I've recently gone sale agreed on a house, friend of the family so we're all agreeable parties. I've looked up the folio number on land direct and I think I can see a discrepancy.

So the house has a steel shed at the back of the house and and red line on the map passes half way through the shed. Basically 1 half of the shed Is on the land of the house I'm trying to buy and the other half of the shed Is sitting in another folio which is the land at the back of the house. This land is also owned by the owner of the house and we're thinking of buying it for cash at some point later in the future anyways.

I really don't want to delay the process of getting this house now, still waiting on her solicitor to send my solicitor deeds and contracts... Will this become an issue. To be honest we really don't care about the shed, it is removable and my family could take it down in a day..

1. Will the bank accept myself and the vendor agreeing that she'll take the shed with her?
    2. Do i need to have the area remapped to satisfy the banks or will they accept the boundary line on the map as is with a clause in the contract that the vendor can take the shed?

We're all in agreement that we want to move fast on this sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

The Vendor's solicitor is likely to deal with this in the contract - it may be that the contract will provide that the sale includes the shed - ie part of the other folio, and a map showing the area with the shed will be provided. I doubt if it will be a major issue for you as the Vendor owns both folios.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kitty13!

busylady wrote: »
    The Vendor's solicitor is likely to deal with this in the contract - it may be that the contract will provide that the sale includes the shed - ie part of the other folio, and a map showing the area with the shed will be provided. I doubt if it will be a major issue for you as the Vendor owns both folios.

Thanks for replying.. do you know how long something like this would take to rectify on their side. It's a mortgage I'm going for, so I'm assuming everything will need to be done to satisfy the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

kitty13! wrote: »
    Thanks for replying.. do you know how long something like this would take to rectify on their side. It's a mortgage I'm going for, so I'm assuming everything will need to be done to satisfy the bank

Don’t offer to take down the shed, you gain by getting the extra land included in your agreed purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kitty13!

Dav010 wrote: »
    Don’t offer to take down the shed, you gain by getting the extra land included in your agreed purchase.

Thanks for replying..Will the maps need to be updated in land registry for sale to go through

Advertisement