Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new Android phone - recommendations

• 30-05-2021 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

I need a new phone as my current one is dying.
    i had a one plus 3 since 2016, but after a bit of damage it's time to call it a day. the cost of the 8+ is outside my range. so I got a second hand s6 to tide me over. I charge the battery three times a day with a power bank as I move around a bit.
    so it's time to invest.
    my requirements are:
    id stay with Samsung.
    dual SIM.
    128gb memory for apps.
    decent ram.
    sim free. I've the sim paid by the company but I buy the phone.
    approx 3-400 euro. i work between office and workshop. potential for damage is high and I hate a clunky case.
    a model from 2019 or 2020 would be fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I need a new phone as my current one is dying.
    i had a one plus 3 since 2016, but after a bit of damage it's time to call it a day. the cost of the 8+ is outside my range. so I got a second hand s6 to tide me over. I charge the battery three times a day with a power bank as I move around a bit.
    so it's time to invest.
    my requirements are:
    id stay with Samsung.
    dual SIM.
    128gb memory for apps.
    decent ram.
    sim free. I've the sim paid by the company but I buy the phone.
    approx 3-400 euro. i work between office and workshop. potential for damage is high and I hate a clunky case.
    a model from 2019 or 2020 would be fine.

With that spec and budget. I'd consider a Note 10 or 10 plus dual SIM. I picked up a refurbed from refurbed.ie absolutely superb machine. I was coming from note 8 and was going to jump back into One plus 8 or above but couldn't justify the spend.. so got A 12gb 128mb note 10 plus from them and it's excellent. Lovely jump up from my note 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

There’s a page on gsm arena called phone finder that is really helpful in situations like this I have used it myself for my own use and for my elderly uncle I’d recommend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Motorola phone have great batteries , they are unlocked sim free in Argos.

SIM Free Motorola G30 128GB Mobile Phone - Dark Pearl 939/4841 €190.00

SIM Free Motorola G9 Power 128GB Mobile Phone - Blue 878/2069 €190.00

SIM Free Motorola G50 64GB 5G Mobile Phone - Steel Grey 943/4622 €240.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Poco F3 has a serious spec for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

Anybody have a Samsung a52 5g? I'm thinking of getting that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement