Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's the traffic nowadays INTO Dublin in the morning ?

Options
  • 30-05-2021 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

I will have to go to Dublin soon to get a flight (scheduled at 10 AM on a weekday) and I was wondering if I may face issues with the traffic on my way to the airport (I will be driving from Kildare).

In my past experiences, traffic was a big issue in Dublin ! I am assuming it got less worse due to Covid ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Hi guys,

I will have to go to Dublin soon to get a flight (scheduled at 10 AM on a weekday) and I was wondering if I may face issues with the traffic on my way to the airport (I will be driving from Kildare).

In my past experiences, traffic was a big issue in Dublin ! I am assuming it got less worse due to Covid ?

About 85% of normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi guys,

If you are flying at 10, I assume you plan to be parking at airport for 8. That will be on the road for 7:15 going past Naas ball. Traffic is lighter than normal at that time recently. N7 queues at Kill haven’t come back yet. M50 north can be hit and miss. Haven’t seen too many accidents northbound in the mornings. Schools are also finished for the summer so that strangely makes the summer traffic lighter for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

You should absolutely tune in to Dublin City FM 103.2fm on the morning of your journey, it's a great show, constant traffic updates, immediate alerts to any accidents and the usually report on the main arteries feeding the M50 from outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Lighter than usual, it's summer, not raining and the schools are off
    There are also less office /retail workers than usual in the city.

Advertisement