Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Guinness World Record Certificate When You Run 10km on September 19th @ Virtual

• 30-05-2021 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

This just looks like a vehicle for selling meaningless medals and other merchandise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Murph_D wrote: »
    This just looks like a vehicle for selling meaningless medals and other merchandise.

The world we live in, no winners but we all get medals.

Some generations will have a difficulty dealing with rejection in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The world we live in, no winners but we all get medals.

Some generations will have a difficulty dealing with rejection in the future

I don’t have an issue with commemorative medals. No one mistakes them for winner’s medals. And virtual events have a place when real racing can’t happen - they are important fundraisers for clubs and other causes.

This event is meaningless because there’s no underlying cause except the company’s revenues (unless virtual runners.org is some sort of charity, which is not made clear). The Guinness World Record is the gimmick - but again, a meaningless one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You had me at "Free Guinness..."

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

adrian522 wrote: »
    You had me at "Free Guinness..."

Thats all i can see

• Advertisement
Advertisement