Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Dwyer - latest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

jackboy wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell. Regardless of what comes out of Europe he is not getting out of jail. No judge in Ireland will allow that to happen.

Irish judge already ruled in his favour. State appealed grahams win to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

LMHC wrote: »
    He wouldn't have legal aide. Guys filthy rich.

He got legal aid for the trial no working person who can no longer work due to being in prison can afford something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

This is it in a nutshell. Regardless of what comes out of Europe he is not getting out of jail. No judge in Ireland will allow that to happen.

The law is the law. A judge can't lock him up illegally, no matter what he did.

He got legal aid for the trial no working person who can no longer work due to being in prison can afford something like this

No he wasn't on legal aide. He sold his home for 1.6 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Not to let him out, that would be very different.

• Advertisement

No he wasn't on legal aide. He sold his home for 1.6 million.

Yes he was, the home was sold after the trial

Did you think he owned it outright?

And you have no idea how much these things cost

The house sold for say 600k

Stop making things up, it was a 3 bed house of horrors

They ruled the only evidence that corroborated the states case was illegal. Alan Wilson won his murder trial on mariora on same ruling.

Yes he was, the home was sold after the trial

Did you think he owned it outright?

And you have no idea how much these things cost

The house sold for say 600k

Stop making things up, it was a 3 bed house of horrors

600k in kerrymount. Hahahah OK I'm out

Do you think I'm wrong or something

Did you even look it up

Cause if you'd have paid 1.6 mill for it I have some beans I'm selling..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Without the phone data, his conviction is flawed and will be quashed.
    The government will seek a retrial but we don't yet live in a country where internment or holding people in prison at the whim of a Government and in the absence of due process is the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

To be fair the house only went up for sale 2 or 3 years ago. I remember reading it was broken into a few times after being empty for years.

Edit - https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sale-agreed-for-murderer-graham-dwyers-former-family-home-38874893.html
    It was up for 600k alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

What should I call him and i ll address as such from now on.

He who must not be named.

Gradwy

Anything else you'd like Me to call him. He's still a human being, you don't have to like or agree with him. But I've been in prison and I feel I'm no position to judge.

At least use his surname like everyone else here…..addressing him by his ‘first name’ suggests respect and that is the last thing this absolute abomination deserves….by the way if you have met him is it true that he is only a 5’ ft 2’’ inch short ass…?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

If released he would probably be immediately recharged with Murder and remanded again. They changed the law in Ireland regarding being trialled twice on the same offense. There appeared to be ****loads of evidence against him at the trial so even without the omitted evidence that he appealed the state could still have a successful case against him. I would hope so anyway.

Remy is his barrister id imagine.

Remy should be proud of himself also……the misery His efforts may once again heap Onto the o’hara family…

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    At least use his surname like everyone else here…..addressing him by his ‘first name’ suggests respect and that is the last thing this absolute abomination deserves….by the way if you have met him is it true that he is only a 5’ ft 2’’ inch short ass…?

No, 5 ft 7 or 8, normal enough

No, 5 ft 7 or 8, normal enough

Not a short ass then but nothing huge either…..I wonder has he got a ‘hiding or two’ since his sentence began…? I’d say There are plenty Who Would fancy turning him into ‘A punch bag’

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The house only went on the market in 2019, and the asking price was €595,000

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/foxrock-home-of-convicted-murderer-graham-dwyer-put-up-for-sale-1.4095671

The listing is still up, sill marked as “Sale Agreed”: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/6-kerrymount-close-foxrock-dublin-18/4391771

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Not according to anything I’m reading. The Supreme Court referred it to the European court. That isn’t a judgment in his favour.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Remy should be proud of himself also……the misery His efforts may once again heap Onto the o’hara family…

You are a bit harsh on the barrister. Everyone is entitled to a legal defence. He is only doing his job.

Article 40.1 of the Irish Constitution says the State cannot discriminate between citizens and denying Dwyer legal representation would breach those rights (no matter what he did or is accused of doing).

Brian? wrote: »
    Not according to anything I’m reading. The Supreme Court referred it to the European court. That isn’t a judgment in his favour.

Well here read this then.

The State’s appeal over a High Court ruling upholding Dwyer’s challenge to a 2011 data retention law has important implications for the investigation and prosecution of serious crime and may also impact on Dwyer’s separate appeal over his 2015 conviction for the murder of childcare worker Elaine O’Hara.

Dwyer's challenge was upheld this means he won. Then the state appealed it.

• Advertisement

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/1206/1015454-graham-dwyer/

Dwyer won his case in the High Court. https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/1206/1015454-graham-dwyer/

The State appealed it to the Supreme Court who referred it to Europe and that's where we are at now.

Dwyer has won the first round, but it's not over yet. But given other EU rulings on similar data cases, Dwyer seems to be on the front foot - unfortunately.

I understand the crime was unsavory but we need to be logical he still has rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

He might have rights but I also have the right to hope he never again will see the light of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I understand the crime was unsavory but we need to be logical he still has rights.

Unsavoury is something of an understatement tbf.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It’s an absolute red herring crock of Sh1t..

The law is an ass...so very apt!

nullzero wrote: »
    Unsavoury is something of an understatement tbf.

Who are we to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Who are we to judge.

Who are we to judge a man who premeditated the murder of a mentally ill woman and then set about dismembering her remains and subsequently buried them in several locations?

You know what? You've convinced me, Graham Dwyer poses to threat to society, we should release him and punish the Gardai for persecuting him.

Glazers Out!

Who are we to judge.

Who are we to judge what he did is unsavoury?

Is that you Mr feg?

He has been judged already

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Who are we to judge a man who premeditated the murder of a mentally ill woman and then set about dismembering her remains and subsequently buried them in several locations?

You know what? You've convinced me, Graham Dwyer poses to threat to society, we should release him and punish the Gardai for persecuting him.

All you have to do is look at how old the user account is and how many posts to see how seriously you should take them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement