Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Dwyer - latest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

All you have to do is look at how old the user account is and how many posts to see how seriously you should take them

So if a new poster starts posting you shouldn't take them serious. Wind your neck in you jackass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

LMHC wrote: »
    Who are we to judge.

Is he still the million dollar man? What happened to that, international playboy

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

It's on the property price register as having been sold for €665,000 on 2020-07-02: https://propertypriceregisterireland.com/details/6_kerrymount_close_foxrock_dublin_18_co_dublin_ireland-448082/

fiachraX wrote: »
    It's on the property price register as having been sold for €665,000 on 2020-07-02: https://propertypriceregisterireland.com/details/6_kerrymount_close_foxrock_dublin_18_co_dublin_ireland-448082/

Stinks of negative equity too

No they are meant to but a lot deal with there own appeals. Prisoner fan bring human rights abuse to Europe but a lot of eastern bloc countries don't take on judgement.

What do you mean? All citizens can bring a case to Europe after national courts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

nullzero wrote: »
    Unsavoury is something of an understatement tbf.

Are we still talking about sauce here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I had the privilege or curse of meeting Graham hahah he worked in prison with us. Super intelligent but a devious huuuure.

This is interesting if it's true. You obviously spent time with him if you know of his intelligence and deviousness, what was he like to be around? Where did you work together in the prison? Can you shed any light on him, his attitude, his behaviour, his interaction with prisoners and prison staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

BattleCorp wrote: »
    There wasn't much hard evidence against Dwyer to be honest. Take away the phone evidence and he could walk in a retrial.

I was surprised he was convicted at all tbh. I really don't want to get into the nitty gritty (gross) details of this case, but I feel good lawyer would have a lot to work with in his defense.

Been waiting to hear an update on this in fact, thanks OP.
    (***not that it matters but I do believe he's guilty and an absolute scumbag)

John_Rambo wrote: »
    This is interesting if it's true. You obviously spent time with him if you know of his intelligence and deviousness, what was he like to be around? Where did you work together in the prison? Can you shed any light on him, his attitude, his behaviour, his interaction with prisoners and prison staff?

He was making that up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

He was making that up

Oh right... Sorry, I didn't read every post.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I was surprised he was convicted at all tbh. I really don't want to get into the nitty gritty (gross) details of this case, but I feel good lawyer would have a lot to work with in his defense.

Been waiting to hear an update on this in fact, thanks OP.
    (***not that it matters but I do believe he's guilty and an absolute scumbag)

What would they have done for him exactly

I mean he mustered all the defence possible

There was none to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Interestingly enough he had an account on here

Not sure can I link to it though

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Felt sorry for the victim in this case, when I read about her I wondered if the bullying she received at school had a negative formative effect, she wasn't quite the hapless simpleton she was characterised as either, more someone with rotten luck who never got a break in life.

What would they have done for him exactly

I mean he mustered all the defence possible

There was none to be made

Establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that the victim was in fact murdered. The physical evidence just isn't there to support that, imo, and the long BDSM relationship they were in could explain all the violence-oriented talk.

I know emotions (understandably) run high with this case, and so I don't want to go "there" but that was my feeling at the time. Also, iirc, the coroner then appeared somewhat surprised he was convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that the victim was in fact murdered. The physical evidence just isn't there to support that, imo, and the long BDSM relationship they were in could explain all the violence-oriented talk.

I know emotions (understandably) run high with this case, and so I don't want to go "there" but that was my feeling at the time. Also, iirc, the coroner then appeared somewhat surprised he was convicted.

How do you explain the dismembering and disposal of the body parts?

Dwyer displays his obsession with murder in his communications. Elaine O'Hara was meticulously dismembered and disposed of. Should we entertain that her death was an accident and the subsequent dismemberment and disposal was an act carried out in panic?

Or was it as any reasonable person would interpret a calculated and meticulously planned act?

Do you believe that Graham Dwyer being released from prison would benefit society?

Glazers Out!

I am not aware of any evidence he dismembered not disposed of body parts. Animal activity is what I assumed happened there. There was a long period of time before her remains were discovered, hence why I said there isn't really solid evidence an actual murder took place.

I already said I do believe he is guilty and is a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I am not aware of any evidence he dismembered not disposed of body parts. Animal activity is what I assumed happened there. There was a long period of time before her remains were discovered, hence why I said there isn't really solid evidence an actual murder took place.

I already said I do believe he is guilty and is a scumbag.

For one her skull was never found, animal activity wouldn't account for that discrepancy.

That and the fact that these type of killers tending to return to where the killed or disposed of bodies to relive the thrill suggest he could have A dismembered the body immediately post mortem or possibly retrieved the skull at a later date. Neither are worth thinking about.

Glazers Out!

For one her skull was never found, animal activity wouldn't account for that discrepancy.

Why not?
    That and the fact that these type of killers tending to return to where the killed or disposed of bodies to relive the thrill suggest he could have A dismembered the body immediately post mortem or possibly retrieved the skull at a later date.

See how we now have speculation and the use of the word "suggest"? This is what I mean, the evidence really isn't there for what we can all pretty much guarantee he did, the problem is the lack of physical evidence.
    It's frustrating for sure and I wholeheartedly agree the details are gruesome and pretty depressing.

Anyhow, we'll stay tuned into what happens next. Goodnight.

That is exactly what they did

The defense couldn't come up with a reasonable other scenario because none existed

You don't need physical evidence, if you say you are going to murder someone at 9pm and they are murdered at 9pm and it is highly likely you were there at the time and unlikely someone other randomer didn't do it you are foooked

No I wasn't making it up. Don't listen to monkeybutter , poster is sitting in west Dublin peering down from their ivory tower.

I was on E wing in Clover hill in 2014, it was a workers landing I'd came over from A wing he came of D wing. He worked in the kitchen I worked on the bins. He was super devious he used to play head games with prisoners in on first sentences.

He is very intelligent and was telling everyone from the get go he'd be appealing to Europe if he was found guilty. He was adamant he was walking. We weren't sure of the details just he was in for murder as it only all came out in trial.

When it went to trial he was moved up to D2 (which would be an observation landing) he'd of been watched for suicide attempts as most that are on trial for murder are.

He used to mix with 6 other prisoners Wayne Kennedy from shankill and Trevor Noone and the rest Chinese lads he'd play cards with.

• Advertisement

That is exactly what they did

The defense couldn't come up with a reasonable other scenario because none existed

You don't need physical evidence, if you say you are going to murder someone at 9pm and they are murdered at 9pm and it is highly likely you were there at the time and unlikely someone other randomer didn't do it you are foooked

No its not exactly what they did you absolute wombat. You need a *locum in a trial the place and time of murder. The autopsy could not prove murder as they hadn't enough to work with.

Evidence was all circumstantial. Corroboration is the data on the phone and this has been seen as illegal.

Now I'll bow of the thread with this post. Don't try act like you know what you're talking about you haven't a clue. You voiced your opinion in favour of dee Morley and her mental health but having a a run at it here. Why? Cause he's a man.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nullzero wrote: »
    How do you explain the dismembering and disposal of the body parts?

Dwyer displays his obsession with murder in his communications. Elaine O'Hara was meticulously dismembered and disposed of. Should we entertain that her death was an accident and the subsequent dismemberment and disposal was an act carried out in panic?

Or was it as any reasonable person would interpret a calculated and meticulously planned act?

Do you believe that Graham Dwyer being released from prison would benefit society?
    Did you make that up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Did you make that up ?

Society is safer with out this sicko perverted deviant wandering around even if the murder charge (which we all know he committed) gets struck out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Society is safer with out this sicko perverted deviant wandering around even if the murder charge (which we all know he committed) gets struck out

Yeah but that post was made up

If the appeal rendered the original trial was in err due to part of the evidence being illegaly obtained then they could retrial

But it would be impossible to get a fair trial after

given his guilt

The whole trial hung on the mobile geo data

While all of this is just supposition and hopefully it will never come to that, the facts are that, without the mobile evidence, there would be no re-trial- fairness doesn’t come into it- the vast majority of the evidence, especially the evidence placing him at the scene of the crime, was mobile evidence- data texts and triangulation

No I wasn't making it up. Don't listen to monkeybutter , poster is sitting in west Dublin peering down from their ivory tower.

I was on E wing in Clover hill in 2014, it was a workers landing I'd came over from A wing he came of D wing. He worked in the kitchen I worked on the bins. He was super devious he used to play head games with prisoners in on first sentences.

He is very intelligent and was telling everyone from the get go he'd be appealing to Europe if he was found guilty. He was adamant he was walking. We weren't sure of the details just he was in for murder as it only all came out in trial.

When it went to trial he was moved up to D2 (which would be an observation landing) he'd of been watched for suicide attempts as most that are on trial for murder are.

He used to mix with 6 other prisoners Wayne Kennedy from shankill and Trevor Noone and the rest Chinese lads he'd play cards with.

that is verbatim copied from sunday world articles

would ya stop

It would be disastrous for the EU if this guy walks. It would prove that they can’t legislate properly.

There will be a rush to new legislation.

While all of this is just supposition and hopefully it will never come to that, the facts are that, without the mobile evidence, there would be no re-trial- fairness doesn’t come into it- the vast majority of the evidence, especially the evidence placing him at the scene of the crime, was mobile evidence- data texts and triangulation

this is not correct, there is no mobile evidence putting him at the scene

the mobile evidence is there to link him to the burner phones, I mean theres other evidence there to link him to them, but the location data is cast iron evidence

Births of children, birthdays etc stuff talked about

The texts recovered from the burner phones found in the reservoir suggest the person with that phone arranged to meet her at Shanganagh to take her our and kill her, then it goes dark, she is not seen again alive, then the phones turn up with her keys and her loyalty card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

fvp4 wrote: »
    It would be disastrous for the EU if this guy walks. It would prove that they can’t legislate properly.

There will be a rush to new legislation.

But the appeal to the European Court of Justice is based on the claim that the Irish law is deficient. No one is claiming that there's an issue with any European law on the matter. Other EU countries don't have this problem.

Ireland could have written it's laws on this matter in a way that would have included some more checks and balances that would have made it acceptable.

The fix for this would be amendments to the Irish law to make it more specific, mandate court or independent review of data before it can be accessed and other measures to prevent abuse.

Much like the controversy last year about the naming of child murder victims, this is a crisis created by poor Irish legislation.

• Advertisement

No they are meant to but a lot deal with there own appeals.

Please stop talking nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement