Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up to date scanner frequency list

Options
  • 30-05-2021 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I hope you can help me, I've been directed to this Forum by another poster.
    Does anybody know where I can find an up to date scanner frequency list for Ireland, particularly for the Munster region. I can find loads of lists online but they are very old and most of the stuff is obsolete. I have submitted frequencies to some of the popular sites (RR and Global Freq. DB etc.) in the hopes of sparking some Irish interest but to no avail. Are we allowed share frequencies here or in another thread? I know most of the emergency services have moved to Tetra and the Air and Marine band frequencies are easy to find so I am only talking about Taxi, Security, Factories, Couriers etc. Anything really, just to help us identify frequencies we have but don't know who we are listening to and to give us frequencies for our area that we didn't know were in use. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

There seems to be a lot of people on the Radio Scanning Ireland group on Facebook who might be able to help. I think that a lot of small businesses have changed to using mobile phones rather than dedicated radio systems.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

All I’ve been able to pick up around where I live is some taxi radios just underneath the FM band, around 70-83 MHz or so. And some data signals around 450 MHz. Might be telemetry or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Glaceon wrote: »
    All I’ve been able to pick up around where I live is some taxi radios just underneath the FM band, around 70-83 MHz or so. And some data signals around 450 MHz. Might be telemetry or something.
    Might be some Public Mobile Radio around 446 MHz. There may be some telemetry between 420 MHz and 440 MHz. The 70 cm HAM band is also good for testing as the repeaters generally transmit a morse code identification every half hour or so. Was just watching some very good videos on Youtube about Air band monitoring by Frugal Radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUL2luHkH7Y

Many of the telemetry signals are low power and a good outside antenna is needed. This is the one weakness with scanning. What is amazing is how easy it is to build coax collinears and similar antennas for UHF and ADSB (aircraft tracking data).

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cantafordit

Thanks guys, I have a discone antenna on my chimney and a small magmount antenna on the car so I am able to listen to lots of frequencies but the problem is I don't know who I am listening too. I have been able to identify some of them as I drive around and get close call hits but I must have close to 100 that I can't identify.

Advertisement