Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies garden table issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Being honest and I'm no fan of woodies.

But let's say you put a magnifying glass on the table or any table what would you expect the results to be.

Not all glasses are created equal have you considered the fault here is with your actual glasses. They have been manufactured in such a away as to refract light into one spot. Which is dangerous regardless of surface.

I'd be looking at your choice of glass not all glasses frankly.

Any pictures of the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Reminds me of an issue I had years ago with a wooden table outdoors, which we had covered in a vinyl cloth. After a pronlonged period of bright sunny days, a number of scorch marks began to appear on the table, burning through to the wood beneath. It was a complete mystery until the penny dropped- on breezy days we would sometimes put an ornamental glass paperweight on the table to keep the cover from blowing away, and like a magnifying glass it concentrated the suns rays, being at work when the sun was at its most intensity we never made the link. It was quite a revelation how something so simple could cause a fire! OP your glasses are at fault here, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

I will call woodies this morning. Couple of things:

- The marks appeared within 10 minutes
    - 2 differenct glasses caused the problem
    - Those glasses have been used many many times outdoors on other tables (plastic and wooden without an issue)
    - I will ask my wife to record a video today of it happening

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think you'd be within your rights to ask for a refund.

Comparisons to a hot mug being put on a wooden table are silly IMO. It is completely normal to use coasters when setting hot items on a table, it is not normal to be unable to use your table on a sunny day. 600 euro, so not some bargain bin junk either.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

awec wrote: »
    I think you'd be within your rights to ask for a refund.

Comparisons to a hot mug being put on a wooden table are silly IMO. It is completely normal to use coasters when setting hot items on a table, it is not normal to be unable to use your table on a sunny day. 600 euro, so not some bargain bin junk either.

Called Woodies. No issues. Getting refund.

• Advertisement
Advertisement