Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions Matter with Adrian & Jeremy

Options
  • 30-05-2021 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I thought I'd create this thread for Adrian Kennedy's new show which is going to be a podcast.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Any word on when it will be available as a podcast? Facebook only at the moment is fairly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Myself and the wife will def be listening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Podcast has been live a while now. Enjoying it so far. Reminds me of the FM104 phoneshow days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭archfi

Their YouTube channel 'Opinions Matter' hasn't had a video show posted for over a month now - is it kaput?

Also, can't find their podcast on my podcast app.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Should be there now. They just reskinned their old Dublin talks podcast channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

It does, but ironically it has more unabashed cursing than the Phoneshow ever had. No more "mind the language!" out of Adrian. Jeremy seems to have mellowed a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Panti_Pickles

Does anyone still listen to this podcast? The woman Adrian has co-presenting the show with him now is absolutely terrible. She's fairly immature and very unprofessional, what with her constantly interrupting Kennedy and callers, ordering them to "hang on!" It really grinds my gears. Kennedy was always better doing the more 'serious' discussions on his own, he knows how to structure a conversation. At least Jeremy is quick witted, this woman on the other hand....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah Katie. She started out as the call taker and is now a producer I think. She runs their Facebook page too. She is not a very good presenter, she should stick to the work she does behind the scenes which I'm sure is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

I've noticed this too, the constant interrupting of callers is very annoying and just makes the show seem sloppy and amateurish. She does not sound like a professional broadcaster. When a new episode is released, I now skip forward a few minutes to hear who is presenting and if she's on it, I don't download the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Just listening to an episode at the moment about people posting pictures of their deceased babies on Facebook.

Katie is far too opinionated for someone who has no experience of the topic. Not a good presenter and I genuinely thought she was one of the callers.

• Advertisement

She’s trying too hard to be the “controversial” presenter when Jeremy isn’t around.

Speaking of which Jeremy is on this less and less other commitments taking over?

Advertisement