Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend A Good Independent Mechanic

Options
  • 31-05-2021 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

My usual mechanic is retiring so I need to find a new person to do service and repairs on my 2011 Renault Fluence. Does anyone here have a recommendation for a good, reasonably-priced mechanic in the city. I am south side (near UCC) but happy to go north of the river for the right person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Dennis Henderson Motor services, in the Marina commercial park - they are sound and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Graham Roche in Passage West

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i hear good things about JP Darcy in Little Island. I will be trying there for my next service or work.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Colm, Blackpool Autos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Automotif on the Kinsale Road have been decent for me.

• Advertisement

Cian Walsh Motorworks. Hes based near five mile. Might be too far away but couldn't recommend him enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Lots of recommendation already but here's mine. Been dealing with Canty's Garage across from Anglesea St garda station for ~7 years on the recommendation of a work colleague, couldn't fault them. They're open early so handy to drop the auto there before work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Thanks for all the replies. Cantys would the handiest for me so I might call in there in the next few days.

Con Forde opposite Greenmount school.
    OD Auto services magazine road.
    Automotif also but the owner doesn't wield the spanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Richard Scott - Dennehys Cross. Knowledgable, honest and fair priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I've used ZP Motors on the Monahan Road for the last couple of years on the recommendation of a friend.
    Quick turnaround, knows his stuff and best value I've seen in a long time.
    First time I used him he diagnosed a loose hose within 30 seconds and didn't charge to fix it. I had been quoted silly numbers to fix the 'problem' with guesses ranging from valves to dirty diesel.
    'Old school' type garage and a friendly crew working there that seem to like to solve problems.

Advertisement