If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Receiver & Speaker Replacement

Options
  • 31-05-2021 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Bought a new LG 55 inch from yourselves over the weekend and now i am looking my 7 year old receiver and 14 year old speakers and thinking they are next on the list!

Current setup 
    Denon-AVR-X2000
    KEF KHT3005 5.1

From what i can see the Denon x2700h seems to be the receiver to get at the moment? What would you suggest to go replace the KEF Eggs?

I would like to take advantage of Atmos and i would need some stands or mounts for the rear speakers. Currently have stands for the rear KEFs and the fronts are on the TV cabinet.

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Bought a new LG 55 inch from yourselves over the weekend and now i am looking my 7 year old receiver and 14 year old speakers and thinking they are next on the list!

Current setup 
    Denon-AVR-X2000
    KEF KHT3005 5.1

From what i can see the Denon x2700h seems to be the receiver to get at the moment? What would you suggest to go replace the KEF Eggs?

I would like to take advantage of Atmos and i would need some stands or mounts for the rear speakers. Currently have stands for the rear KEFs and the fronts are on the TV cabinet.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the post Mr Fancypants!

The Denon AVRX2700 is a great receiver but we are completely out of stock of them at the moemnt!

I do have the Yamaha RXA2A which would be a great upgrade as it's the Aventage range and has a much better sound!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14272-yamaha-rxa2a-black-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x-av-receiver.aspx

Are you looking to replace the whole Kef Egg system or just add Atmos speakers to your existing set up?

Let me know and I can get back to you with the best price on the amp!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thanks DavidS. That receiver does look fantastic but is also a good bit more expensive than the Denon. Any idea when the Denon will be back in stock?

I have been happy with the KEF eggs, would there be much benefit in replacing them and what would be required to add Atmos to the existing system? I do like the look of the QAcoustics 3010i cinema pack.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks DavidS. That receiver does look fantastic but is also a good bit more expensive than the Denon. Any idea when the Denon will be back in stock?

I have been happy with the KEF eggs, would there be much benefit in replacing them and what would be required to add Atmos to the existing system? I do like the look of the QAcoustics 3010i cinema pack.
    Just sent you a PM Mr Fancypants!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.