Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner that can be frozen

Options
  • 31-05-2021 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi I’m having a few family members visiting I will be cooking dinner for 6 adults.
    Food must be gluten free so I was thinking of cooking in advance and freezing so that I can enjoy the time with them .
    Could I get recommendations for things that freeze and re heat well.
    I could do the sides on the day. 1 person does not like very spicy food:
    Meat or fish. I do have a slow cooker also . So things that are not over fussy to make and are tasty. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

any Stew type meals will freeze well, and can easily be made gluten free, same with something like a Bolognese.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

coleen wrote: »
    Hi I’m having a few family members visiting I will be cooking dinner for 6 adults.
    Food must be gluten free so I was thinking of cooking in advance and freezing so that I can enjoy the time with them .
    Could I get recommendations for things that freeze and re heat well.
    I could do the sides on the day. 1 person does not like very spicy food:
    Meat or fish. I do have a slow cooker also . So things that are not over fussy to make and are tasty. Thanks in advance

Rather than freeze, use your slow cooker. Something like a pulled pork requires little interaction from you on the day. Sides of mac and cheese, coleslaw, bread rolls (gluten free option available) and salads might go down well. If you're looking for something "in addition to..." you could do pork ribs. Pre-boil them and then just finish them in the oven.

Or something like a cassoulet.

Or tapas dishes - most of the prep can be done in advance so you would just need to reheat.

Advertisement