Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure Connection Failed

Options
  • 31-05-2021 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭

I am getting the following error in Firefox on Windows 10 when trying to access Youtube:

secure connection failed SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG.
    A cursory Google mostly points to a server-side issue but I'm not getting the error on Android on the same network.

Any clues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Heighway61 wrote: »
    I am getting the following error in Firefox on Windows 10 when trying to access Youtube:

A cursory Google mostly points to a server-side issue but I'm not getting the error on Android on the same network.

Any clues?

Is firefox updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Heighway61 wrote: »

Any clues?

What about edge or chrome on the laptop? I'd start my troubleshooting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the time and date correct on the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

irishgeo wrote: »
    Is firefox updated?
    Yes, automatically updated to 88.0.1 on 6 May.

Is the time and date correct on the laptop?
    All correct.

• Advertisement

Found the problem. A filter on the router! Doh!

Advertisement