Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/hotels/pints from June 7th

Options
  • 31-05-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be an idea to list up pubs in your locality opening from 7th June, tbh i don't know much myself tbh.

taught i would copy the thread the have up in galway region thread.

post pubs hotels etc serving pints in your areas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭HBC08

bassy wrote: »
    Thought it might be an idea to list up pubs in your locality opening from 7th June, tbh i don't know much myself tbh.

taught i would copy the thread the have up in galway region thread.

post pubs hotels etc serving pints in your areas.

I only know of Breaffy House for sure.
    I see some work going on on an outdoor area at the Ivy Tower (Welcome Inn).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

would be interested to know about pubs/hotels in westport as going there for a weekend on the 9th july.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Hogs Heaven also seems to be throwing up some tents as well.

Hogs Heaven also seems to be throwing up some tents as well.

that in ballina or bonnyconnlon

would be interested to know about pubs/hotels in westport as going there for a weekend on the 9th july.

Both the Plaza and Castlecourt as well as the coast hotel will be open for guests and when outdoor dining is allowed they will be serving food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

that in ballina or bonnyconnlon

Castlebar, beside the Cinema.

Just seen that the Connaught Inn has seating outside for 40 people and is taking bookings.

Both the Plaza and Castlecourt as well as the coast hotel will be open for guests and when outdoor dining is allowed they will be serving food.

can you drink there if your not a guest?.

can you drink there if your not a guest?.

Not until outdoor dining is allowed unfortunately, there is a pub in Westport that's doing take away pints, I think it's beside the octagon (sorry I've forgotten the name)

There'll be a few options in the town,Cosie Joes,Castlecourt,An File,probably another 4 or 5 options.
    At the quay you'll have the Towers or Gracies (on Westport House)
    I imagine you'll have to book in advance

• Advertisement

HBC08 wrote: »
    There'll be a few options in the town,Cosie Joes,Castlecourt,An File,probably another 4 or 5 options.
    At the quay you'll have the Towers or Gracies (on Westport House)
    I imagine you'll have to book in advance

do you know if tobys will be open come july its a wee pub up beside the garda station in westport.

do you know if tobys will be open come july its a wee pub up beside the garda station in westport.

I don't know,
    But as it'll be after July 5th I don't see why not.
    I'd say most places will be open by then or won't be opening full stop.

HBC08 wrote: »
    I don't know,
    But as it'll be after July 5th I don't see why not.
    I'd say most places will be open by then or won't be opening full stop.

that booking in advance is crap,because i won,t be in westport till 9th july so im hoping i will not have to book in advance come then.

a town like westport there places would be booked out,so i hope come july that theres no booking in advance.

I doubt it just had a look at it on Google maps and it doesn't appear to have any space for outdoor seating. Unfortunately it looks like you will have to wait until the pubs reopen.

I doubt it just had a look at it on Google maps and it doesn't appear to have any space for outdoor seating. Unfortunately it looks like you will have to wait until the pubs reopen.

sure are,nt all the pubs opening on july 5th ??

sure are,nt all the pubs opening on july 5th ??

I'd hope so that's if the publican who owns the place hasn't decided to close up for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Past the Merry monk in Ballina. Looks like it's getting ready with a big Marquee outside.

I'd hope so that's if the publican who owns the place hasn't decided to close up for good.

ah i hope thats not the case,was a nice wee pub and people were very friendly i watched the all ireland football final in there back in 2019,could not go to westport last summer because of covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Anyone from Claremorris, know if there will be many pubs operating from next week on a outdoor basis?
    TIA

ah i hope thats not the case,was a nice wee pub and people were very friendly i watched the all ireland football final in there back in 2019,could not go to westport last summer because of covid.

Sorry you missed out on last year, hopefully you get to enjoy your trip to Westport this year and the pubs will all be open as normal, if you are ever passing through Castlebar the John McHale's opposite the Ivy Tower is a great spot for a pint.

• Advertisement

Sorry you missed out on last year, hopefully you get to enjoy your trip to Westport this year and the pubs will all be open as normal, if you are ever passing through Castlebar the John McHale's opposite the Ivy Tower is a great spot for a pint.

thanks for the heads up on that :)
    my mum is originally from westport,have relations there and in claremorris,love mayo :) best county in ireland and westport is beautiful :)
    i,ve also been lucky enough to work around a lot of places in mayo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭MacDanger

The Loft & An Cupan Ceoil in Ballina both seem to have setup a small serving area out on the footpath/road

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

The Bowers in Ballinrobe have extended their beer garden and will be up and running from next week. Flannerys have decent outside space too

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Cox's in Castlebar - Restaurant & Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

The Tavern in Kiltimagh has a good beer garden, should be able to take a decent crowd. Booking afaik. The other pubs in town have no room for one, the two hotels also will have outdoor tables etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Trust me, Tobys will be reopening.

anyone know what pubs are open in westport ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

AFAIK the Towers is open, out by the Quays. Drove through Westport on Saturday, place is buzzing, loads of people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

What about grub in Westport folks.. Heading up there for a few days at the end of the month with the wife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im in Westport all week. Not familiar with the area at all, but staying out by Westport Quay, below is a list of what I have seen open

The Towers - need a booking, very busy every evening since monday
    The Quays - have a pizza bus and seats out the back, so think its food and drink
    The other hotel/restaurant on the quay - cant remember the name across from towers
    Cosie Joes - doing food
    An File - think they are doing fod
    The Cobblers & Wyatt hotel - only doing food for non-hotel residents before 6
    MJ Hobans - limited space out the front, no food?
    Loftys - can get food from the chinese above it
    Castlecourt hotel - seems buy with residents and others
    Il Volcano italian restaurant - have a nice sheltered alley for eating/drinking.

Quite a few of the bars around the town are shuttered, guess they're waiting til July.

Definitely need bookings for Fri/Sat evening, I cant get anything for this friday yet. Monday was a bit of a struggle but during the week is busy enough as well.

Advertisement