Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimecall RTE1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Insurance should be void if your CCTV was installed back in 1983.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

A lot of these CCTV ones are foreigners I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

This is getting worse. On the last CCTV there, saying "You get a good look at him here" and he's bending down with a side view of him and 2 items blocking the top and bottom of his face.

Sharon is 51, looking well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well she wont be getting the Claire Byrne slot anyway, she is persona non grata in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What was the bit that happened in Ennis? Didn’t get to watch last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was that the bit when CEX was broken into?

They stole tablets, phones, ipads, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sharon was involved in a blazing row and shouting match with her boss the Head of News Jon Williams back in 2018, it happened in the news room in front of a load of other people. Since then her screen time has gone down. After the argument (which was the first of a few) she walked out of work before she was due to present the news. She put in a formal complaint against him.

iirc she was initially supposed to do the 9pm news 4-5 nights a week but since she locked horns with Williams it is more like 2-3 nights at best and then Crimecall once a month. Also she was supposed to be given her own project of a few current affairs documentaries but that was taken away from her as well. She is effectively just going through the motions in RTE at this stage until retirement comes along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

There was big news story and Catrina Perry was sent out to cover it. As the the anchor it should have been Sharon who got to do it.

She confronted the boss man m, they had the row and she walked out.

I thought though that she returned to more a more favourable situation.

As I recall, Perry said Sharon was right. I believed she had assumed that Sharon was not available to cover the story.

yeah that was it, the story was Theresa Mays Brexit deal getting voted upon in Westminister, the result of which was due in for the 9pm news that Sharon was presenting. But Jon Williams went behind her back and sent Catriona Perry to London to do an outside broadcast and co-anchor the 9pm news from there while he left Sharon back in the studio. So when she found out thats when the row between them kicked off and she walked out of work in protest and refused to present the 9pm news.

AFAIK Williams has since moved on from the Head of News position and is now a Managing Director in RTE. But since the row with him she is presenting very few news programs. When she agreed to move from the 6.1 news to the 9pm she was supposed to be the main anchor presenting it pretty much Monday to Friday every week. Now she just pops up on the 9pm news on a random week night and then again on a Sunday night and thats pretty much it.

regardless of her row with rte, she looked stunning on crimecall on monday night - lovely tan and a hint of cleavage mmmmmmm 🙂

(do i come across as a creep for typing that?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Eh...more than a hint ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

No. a perfectly healthy reaction to Sharon.

is Crimecall on the RTÉ player ? :p

what a corrupt lawless kip of a place Ireland was back then, and the fact that the political wing of his killers will soon be in power, i despair😌

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

That case with the fat guy in the dinner jacket attacking that woman was weird, must have been drunk out of his face, surely it shouldn't too hard to nab him with all that cctv??

M

Lol, was the thief agressively using sunbeds before the croymes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

I reckon the thief that looks like a Gyp has long since left Country,, Evidence: The picture was crystal clear ☺️ Normally, when it's an ethnic in the frame, tis a very poor vid/picture they throw up - sometimes it even looks as if they purposefully make the footage blurry .. Changed channel outta disgust after that

mebbe just a CT on my behalf 😏 - FK RTÉ 😒

• Advertisement

Delighted to hear they arrested the man who attacked the woman on James Street which was on last month's one.

M

Is there any Evofit tool online you can play around with to see how close you can get one to look like yourself 😁

stretching what? i swear i didn't have a tommy tank😶

M

Bring back Garda Patrol for the summer months 😂

Did someone steal half of Sharons skirt on her way to the Crimecall studio?

M

Cheers, always wanted to see how to make one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spontindeed

CrimeCall 27.06.2022 [Cork; Assault on CCTV]

Could Crimecall and AGS please provide an update in the next season series whether that rough-looking guy wearing the white top who punched the man unconscious is identified?

In the CCTV clip, you could see the perpetrator had dark hair with a slight shaven haircut but he was also in the presence of a mob and one of them was a foreign-looking guy wearing a yellow jacket taunting the injured victim while on the ground. I wonder if AGS could consider bringing charges against him too? This assault is making Cork look like a very dangerous City like Dublin where people are fearful of going into the City.

Post edited by spontindeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

One of the guards on last night was a bit too cheery when she was giving updates on missing people being found dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Crimecall should be on every month. Who here agrees?

Thugs and robberies and gangs do not just all stop for two months during the summer if anything it probably gets worse as they get more active. It's not like it's on every day its one day in the month. I think it should be on every month. This it not being on got two whole months is a joke.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement