Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Erratic After Update

Options
  • 01-06-2021 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    The 365 app updated this morning but its operation has been erratic (white screen, freezing etc.) since.  Has the erratic operation been caused by the update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Same for me. Not ideal at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here this morning. We are aware that some customers have been experiencing difficulty with the mobile app. Please be assured that we are looking into this with our technical support team and working to resolve as quickly as we can.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

same for me...Had this screen saying downloading 1-19 updates (weird!!!) and also "error connecting to server" no internet avalible and the blank white screen....seems these issues  ongoing since this app was introduced in reality not just this morning,,, ...  Have a look at google playstore this morning and amount of bad reviews... Please fix ASAP BOI..Not good at all..I think this is more than just a few customers having issues at the moment. Hope fixed today please...Please updae when fixed

dimma wrote: »
    same for me...Had this screen saying downloading 1-19 updates (weird!!!) and also "error connecting to server" no internet avalible and the blank white screen....seems these issues  ongoing since this app was introduced in reality not just this morning,,, ...  Have a look at google playstore this morning and amount of bad reviews... Please fix ASAP BOI..Not good at all..I think this is more than just a few customers having issues at the moment. Hope fixed today please...Please updae when fixed
    Same exact situation with myself. Managed to get logged in one time, since the 19 updates, but I can't get access now again.

Trying to login on my browser and that's in slow-motion at the moment (although i don't think i'll be able to login anyway, as Im not sure my phone will make it s far as allowing me in via the browser).

BOI App seems to be giving constant hassle and trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Same with me though eventually managed to get in on the browser. App not working after a forced update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

dimma wrote: »
    Same exact situation with myself. Managed to get logged in one time, since the 19 updates, but I can't get access now again.

Trying to login on my browser and that's in slow-motion at the moment (although i don't think i'll be able to login anyway, as Im not sure my phone will make it s far as allowing me in via the browser).

BOI App seems to be giving constant hassle and trouble.
    Agreed...I am sure its same for most customers..I have a pretty good up to date android phone(android 10) and this app is so so so slow after what seems a forced update... basically it is hanging.. probably to slowest app on my phone ever... ... This needs to be fixed today... need update BOI when fixed... only a few weeks ago (May8) where whole system did not work...... even had a service note on there webpage..... very bad app to be honest....

Hi All,

We can assure you that we are working to resolve this as quickly as we can. Deleting and reinstalling the mobile app along with restarting the device has helped to resolve this issue for some customers. If you have not tried this already we would suggest you do so to see how this works for you.

Thanks Jen

It seems to be back up and running again for me, thankfully (I didn't delete or reinstall).

It seems to be back up and running again for me, thankfully (I didn't delete or reinstall).
    Happy to hear that this has been resolved for you. Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does anyone else get "Installing Updates" messages now when they boot up the app?

Never seen this before until recently. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭minibear

NIMAN wrote: »
    Does anyone else get "Installing Updates" messages now when they boot up the app?

yes, both yesterday and today. would be reassuring if there was a notice on the main screen in advance. maybe just me, but i'm a bit skittish about unexpected downloads in a banking app. 

minibear wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »

yes, both yesterday and today. would be reassuring if there was a notice on the main screen in advance. maybe just me, but i'm a bit skittish about unexpected downloads in a banking app. 
    Hi There,

Our Digital Team were working with some updates on the App, this will be the reason why this may have shown for you. We will certainly send your experience back to the Team. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As long as we should be seeing it, thats ok.
    You tend to worry when you see things like this now, with so much news about hacking etc.

When you never seen it before using the app, now it just appears, it makes you think twice. 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Erratic would be ideal given I can't even sign in to use the app. Just constantly stuck at the login screen. 
    Also cant use online banking on a browser because it requires a security feature that the app can't do in its current broken state. "Added online security" not functioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Yakult wrote: »
    Erratic would be ideal given I can't even sign in to use the app. Just constantly stuck at the login screen. 
    Also cant use online banking on a browser because it requires a security feature that the app can't do in its current broken state. "Added online security" not functioning.

I am the same as above put in my pin and can’t move on from there . Really need to access it tomorrow to transfer funds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

alibab wrote: »
    Yakult wrote: »

I am the same as above put in my pin and can’t move on from there . Really need to access it tomorrow to transfer funds
    Morning,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty with the app. Please delete and reinstall the app. This should resolve the difficulty you are having when logging in.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Megan

I can't login online at my PC anymore, now. It goes to the login screen where i put in my details, then it goes to the screen telling me to use my phone to confirm it's me. But within about 3 seconds it goes back to the login screen where I've to put my details in again.

And around in circles I go.

Is this just me or is anyone else having this issue? I can login on the app (but i need to download statements, so it's not much use).

I can't login online at my PC anymore, now. It goes to the login screen where i put in my details, then it goes to the screen telling me to use my phone to confirm it's me. But within about 3 seconds it goes back to the login screen where I've to put my details in again.

And around in circles I go.

Is this just me or is anyone else having this issue? I can login on the app (but i need to download statements, so it's not much use).
    Hi KKV , sorry to see this is happening accessing the site. 

If you give a call to my colleagues on 0818200362 they can certainly help resolve this with you today. Team are available until 5pm. 

Many thanks 
    Alison

Hi KKV , sorry to see this is happening accessing the site. 

If you give a call to my colleagues on 0818200362 they can certainly help resolve this with you today. Team are available until 5pm. 

Many thanks 
    Alison

Tried it again about 45 minutes after I wrote here and it was working.

Just waiting on the statements to generate now.

Cheers Alison.

Advertisement