Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline messing with Vodafone internet

Options
  • 01-06-2021 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

When using a Powerline, our 500Mb Vodafone connection goes down to about 5Mb, it doesn't matter whether it's plugged into the router or modem. When the Powerline is plugged in I get s different IP address.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I need the Powerline to use internet on my PC and remote access CCTV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hi all,

When using a Powerline, our 500Mb Vodafone connection goes down to about 5Mb, it doesn't matter whether it's plugged into the router or modem. When the Powerline is plugged in I get s different IP address.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I need the Powerline to use internet on my PC and remote access CCTV.

You need to turn DHCP control off on the Powerline adapter. Something like the link below.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/172278

Advertisement