Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of moss

Options
  • 01-06-2021 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭

Having scarified earlier in the year I ha e at least 10 cubic metres of moss pilled up.

I haven't the facility to take it to the council plant. Any suggestions on what to do with it? Composting is not really an option for the volume involved.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's not something a farmer or someone else who keeps animals would take for bedding, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Toss it to kill/dry it and use it as mulch?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

10m3 dried is a lot but it will very quickly reduce in volume once it starts to decompose, I'd add some water and cover with a tarpaulin and turn it over every week or two, it won't be long disappearing.

Advertisement