Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls and OnlyFans

Comments

YellowLead wrote: »
    No - but I think a lot of men (as demonstrated by this thread) would not choose to date somebody seriously, as in long term, who is masturbating on command for all and sundry and sexting away with who could be his work colleagues or friends.

Well she probably wouldn't be interested in hypocritical guys anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

bubblypop wrote: »
    Well she probably wouldn't be interested in hypocritical guys anyway!

True she wouldn’t be interested in a classy man. Let trash date trash!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

That's not what my posts were saying, and I don't think others will have the same interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

Coomer thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Did You say 21K a month?

Thats CEO money of a large corporation - More salary than our top 2 politicians combined, and a higher wage than the president of the united states!

Your telling me you would date a girl who earns this much - who by the very definition of her job makes her hot as fúck and also exceptionally sexually confident.

If it doesnt work out with your mate let me know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What if roles were reversed, everyone talking about girls on OFs, but what about the guys who do it, are they studs, but the girls are sluts? so cheer on the likes of Tannor Reed, or Zilv Gudel & Kai, but slut shame the women.?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

I wouldn't judge her there is great money to be made from it seemingly any average following is making many thousand a month. That been said if it was me that found out I wouldnt stick around personally I wouldn't like the fact that my mates or anyone could be looking at my partner that way.

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

An Ri rua wrote: »
    A lot of people would care if you were banging your mother sister or daughter.
    In fairness now.

I strongly believe that soon enough the way the world is going soon we will be hearing from people that their incestual rights have been taken away from them and what happens between two adults is of no business to anyone else, soon we will hear of an incestual rights movement.

What if roles were reversed, everyone talking about girls on OFs, but what about the guys who do it, are they studs, but the girls are sluts? so cheer on the likes of Tannor Reed, or Zilv Gudel & Kai, but slut shame the women.?

It’s the same regardless of gender for me. I’d don’t care that people do it, I just wouldn’t date one.

ardinn wrote: »
    Did You say 21K a month?

Thats CEO money of a large corporation - More salary than our top 2 politicians combined, and a higher wage than the president of the united states!

Your telling me you would date a girl who earns this much - who by the very definition of her job makes her hot as fúck and also exceptionally sexually confident.

If it doesnt work out with your mate let me know...

Doesn’t necessarily make them hot! You could have an ugly woman who is willing to stick a broomstick up her backside to suit some dudes fetish. Also the money will be shortlived. The average content producer is not making that kind of money.

• Advertisement

There is some chap from Wicklow, he is earning thousands every month, left his job, he was on the six o'clock show there a few months ago.
    I didn't hear anyone.say anything derogatory about him.........

Edit, Matty Gilbert, 50K a month ;)

Something derogatory..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Who said anything about prostitution? Big difference between working in a brothel and uploading a few raunchy pics/vids in the comfort of your own home. The points Kyuss made are still valid regardless.

Kyuss did? Their whole point was about the morality of prostitution, and they made the usual point that people are prostituted or prostitute themselves in regular jobs, as though prostitution should be regarded as a regular job because people prostitute themselves in regular jobs too. They don’t though, even by the most liberal interpretation of the word, and there are numerous legal protections for employees and sanctions for employers who exploit their employees.

Of course there’s a difference between working in a brothel and uploading a few raunchy pics/vids in the comfort of your own home, in the same way as there’s a difference between enjoying adult entertainment and imagining it’s something you would be ok with your nearest and dearest doing. The difference of course is in the context of either scenario, something which Kyuss was overlooking in claiming OnlyFans is legitimate work -

KyussB wrote: »
    People prostitute out their morals/ethics for money all the time (in ways that cumulatively cause gigantic harm to society and the lives of whole generations).

People on OF are doing honest work, where the only moral/ethical ambiguity, isn't about them - it's about whether economic circumstances pressured them into the role - and where the only risk of societal harm, is to themselves.

Kinda important to clear up what role he was referring to, seeing as OnlyFans is just the platform, and adult entertainment is a legitimate form of employment. Showing your titties on cam in the comfort of your own home for a few euro is more of a hobby, than legitimate employment, that isn’t likely to cause a fuss for Revenue.

Adult entertainment is a legitimate form of employment?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Purple is a Fruit

I love what you've done to your ivory tower.
    You've got it backwards. People who pretend sex work isn't riddled with problems are the ones in an ivory tower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Kyuss did? Their whole point was about the morality of prostitution, and they made the usual point that people are prostituted or prostitute themselves in regular jobs, as though prostitution should be regarded as a regular job because people prostitute themselves in regular jobs too. They don’t though, even by the most liberal interpretation of the word, and there are numerous legal protections for employees and sanctions for employers who exploit their employees.
    I was responding specifically to the point he made about people crossing moral boundaries in regular jobs and in everyday life. I would have more of an issue with that than I would with a girl using Onlyfans to make some extra money.

You could have an ugly woman who is willing to stick a broomstick up her backside to suit some dudes fetish.

Anyone else in pain reading this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

There is some chap from Wicklow, he is earning thousands every month, left his job, he was on the six o'clock show there a few months ago.

I saw that chap! Fair play to him, Personality and intelligence of a door frame so may as well may hay while the sun shines.

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Anyone else in pain reading this?

Bringing back memories is it?

• Advertisement

guy2231 wrote: »
    Bringing back memories is it?

Got me hahahaha haha :0

I was responding specifically to the point he made about people crossing moral boundaries in regular jobs and in everyday life. I would have more of an issue with that than I would with a girl using Onlyfans to make some extra money.

I know that was your point, that’s why I didn’t question it, I’d be the same myself, I think most people would have a greater issue with people crossing moral boundaries in regular jobs and in everyday life than they would with a girl using OnlyFans to make some extra money, precisely because of the differences in context between the two scenarios.

I was questioning what appeared to be Kyuss making an equivalence between regular jobs and prostitution, I figured I had to be interpreting that wrong, because I know they’re aware of the differences between the two scenarios and it would be unreasonable to equate exploitation in regular jobs or what is generally considered legitimate employment, with exploitation in prostitution.

The difference of course being that employees are protected by employment law, whereas prostitutes aren’t, and consumers are protected by consumer law, whereas in the context of prostitution, the consumer doesn’t have any legal protection.

I saw that chap! Fair play to him, Personality and intelligence of a door frame so may as well may hay while the sun shines.

Yep, pretty sure his missus doesn't have any issues with his job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He was on Claire Byrne for 20 mins one night.

He was on Claire Byrne for 20 mins one night.

Did she enjoy it?

Yep, pretty sure his missus doesn't have any issues with his job!

She looks pretty trashy too tbf - but each to their own! Fair play to them.

Imagine how embarrassing for their kids however....

• Advertisement

It's bad enough kids having a good looking mother with the stick they get, imagine all the boys in your class were **** off to her nude pics!!! That would be hell.

Why?
    He looks good, makes ****loads of cash, I'm sure the kids enjoy the money.

That's very judgy of you, 'she looks pretty trashy ' wow.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    It's their business what they want to do with their body.

If you are in a relationship then it becomes something which is a price of admission. You know they are doing this because they make a crazy amount of money, it doesn't involve any contact with others, it's part time, you either deal with it or you leave.

Once you start to try to control the body of someone else then it becomes problematic. Everyone should have autonomy over what they do with their body.

There was a nurse on boards asking for advice because her onlyfans was becoming lucrative and she wanted financial advice because she wanted to stop nursing for a while to focus on the onlyfans. Fair play to her.

Reign it back there chief.

I never was taking bodily autonomy from anyone, or even suggesting it.

That's the problem with these conversations. You are telling me I am imposing my will on others or at the least implying that I am telling someone what they can or can't do.

I'm not.

Let anyone do what they want, but I reserve the right to judge them on their actions and treat them accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ruggabugga101

Realistically how long can ya man and his wife generate that sort of cash though. Wonder if the taxman knows about the income too....

Why?
    He looks good, makes ****loads of cash, I'm sure the kids enjoy the money.

That's very judgy of you, 'she looks pretty trashy ' wow.

Sorry - I thought this was actually after hours. My mistake.

When other kids in their class laugh at them because daddy **** off for men and women on camera they might not be so sure...

Hopefully it will be forgotten about - seems like he’s forging a fitness career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I really don't understand why people fork out so much money to watch someone strip/**** themselves online. And yet there must be millions of them seeing how many people are raking in the cash on Only Fans.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people fork out so much money to watch someone strip/**** themselves online. And yet there must be millions of them seeing how many people are raking in the cash on Only Fans.

Married / long time relationship guys whose other halves don’t want sex anymore along with ones who can’t get a gf or fwb in real life and enjoy the sexting, her doing things on request.

I love what you've done to your ivory tower.

On topic: I wouldn't care if my partner was on OnlyFans. In fact I suggested it to her a few months ago. She wasn't interested (or offended).

Lol.

"Hey love, would you be interested in frigging yourself silly at the whim of strangers so we can have an extra few quid?"

"No honey, I'm ok for the minute"

"Grand so, pass the remote will you?"

When other kids in their class laugh at them because daddy **** off for men and women on camera they might not be so sure...

Hopefully it will be forgotten about - seems like he’s forging a fitness career.

"Fitness " "career "..

Maybe his kids will be more open minded

"Fitness " "career "..

How come you never see anyone near retirement age working in a gym? It's all young 'wans?

Don’t know why you are equating this with open mindedness!!! That’s like saying I’m not open minded if I don’t want my partner to take a dump with the door open. It’s called personal taste....

Jaxxy's got you covered.

quote-you-don-t-want-to-be-so-open-minded-that-your-brains-fall-out-gilbert-k-chesterton-138-40-34.jpg

Here’s hoping he’ll get sponsorship from an underwear company soon, because those jocks are a few sizes too small, leaving nothing to the imagination :o

Plenty of us have explicitly stated we hold anyone, regardless of their gender, in the same esteem

• Advertisement

It’s called personal taste....

Or just class..Or decorum..

Jesus..this whole moral relativism is scary stuff really..

You'd wonder what the world will be like after another couple of generations of it..

Or just class..Or decorum..

Jesus..this whole moral relativism is scary stuff really..

You'd wonder what the world will be like after another couple of generations of it..

F*cking better state than the sorry one it's in now!

Was there a thread about him?

Or are you trying to imply that any man who wouldn't gladly support their girlfriend in their exhibitionism is a misogynistic neanderthal?

I hold him to the same standard as I do anyone on onlyfans.

jaxxx wrote: »
    F*cking better state than the sorry one it's in now!

No way..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Of course there’s a difference between working in a brothel and uploading a few raunchy pics/vids in the comfort of your own home, in the same way as there’s a difference between enjoying adult entertainment and imagining it’s something you would be ok with your nearest and dearest doing. The difference of course is in the context of either scenario, something which Kyuss was overlooking in claiming OnlyFans is legitimate work -

Kinda important to clear up what role he was referring to, seeing as OnlyFans is just the platform, and adult entertainment is a legitimate form of employment. Showing your titties on cam in the comfort of your own home for a few euro is more of a hobby, than legitimate employment, that isn’t likely to cause a fuss for Revenue.
    Do me a favour and don't quote me in the thread again - third time I'm having to repeat that isn't what my post was saying - and that being ignored so the same misrepresentation is repeated.

I'm going to just report that if it keeps going - I know it's deliberate.

Don’t know why you are equating this with open mindedness!!! That’s like saying I’m not open minded if I don’t want my partner to take a dump with the door open. It’s called personal taste....

No it's not.
    You suggested his kids would be embarrassed, I suggested maybe they are more open minded. Nothing to do with personal taste

Was there a thread about him?

Or are you trying to imply that any man who wouldn't gladly support their girlfriend in their exhibitionism is a misogynistic neanderthal?

I hold him to the same standard as I do anyone on onlyfans.

Do you watch onlyfans?
    Ever?

Maybe like, being open minded about yer aul lad **** on the Internet isn't necessarily better?..

"You can't go in there now Billy, daddy's sticking a dildo up his arse for a fan online..He'll be finished in a while..go and finish your homework.."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Purple is a Fruit

Nobody is telling people not to earn via OnlyFans but they also have the freedom to give their opinions about such work and sex work in general. These are just opinions, which aren't being forced on anyone, just expressed. Those who throw out allegations of misogyny and being backwards are the forceful ones.

Advertisement