Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

johnire wrote: »
    Ahhhh…… right. And people wonder why we’re in this mess.

Yeah guilty as charged, my daughter caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

johnire wrote: »
    Ahhhh…… right. And people wonder why we’re in this mess.

We’ve one of worst incidence rates in Europe. These 21 year olds are far safer abroad than in Scareland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

bubblypop wrote: »
    It is not discrimination, because the law says it is not.
    However discrimination existed before there were laws against it and laws are amended to capture new forms of discrimination as they arise. Therefore we can't use law to define the thing. Something can be wrong or unjust or need changing but not be against the law. This is why, among other reasons, I think it won't be renewed on July 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

njburke wrote: »
    It has EU Digital Covid Certificate written on the top of it.

557427.jpg
    That's fantastic. It it possible to get your vaccination status added to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

That's absolute bollocks
    If you can afford to head off on holiday abroad you can afford a test or two

Bubblypop was talking about €2k fine for non essential travel, not the price of test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Multipass wrote: »
    Do you realise that all travel isn’t holiday, how would you like to fork out an extra hundred or more every time you need to go to a relative.

Have had to do it in the past - pay way over the odds just to get home for a sick relative

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

TefalBrain wrote: »
    Christ on a bike

Most people scratch and scrimp money together for a holiday. Most do it because it's cheaper than holidaying at home anyway. A family of 5 would have to pay an extra 1000 euro on top of everything because of testing. You think people just have a grand lying about?

Then with a family of five it's cheaper to holiday on the island

• Registered Users Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

RoryMac wrote: »
    This part is very worrying, so we could introduce the DCC on the 19th but could also impose restrictions on top of that to make travel very difficult for most people

This was known from the start. Each member state can impose additional restrictions if they feel it's necessary, on the travel cert.

njburke wrote: »
    It has EU Digital Covid Certificate written on the top of it.

557427.jpg

Wow
    So any private test in Spain is in DCC format now?
    This is news
    No way in hell you can generate one over there for the and stating fully vaccinated I presume?
    Essentially all the above is,is a pcr result which will be needed to be done every time without being fully vaxxed or recovered on an Irish one

Wow
    So any private test in Spain is in DCC format now?
    This is news
    No way in hell you can generate one over there for the and stating fully vaccinated I presume?
    Essentially all the above is,is a pcr result which will be needed to be done every time without being fully vaxxed or recovered on an Irish one

Hold tight, 2 more weeks.

With the 18s able to get a pharmacy jab and the pharmacies claiming to be ready and willing to kick in, surely the light is now visible?

Or am I letting the damn optimist in me out again?

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    It is not discrimination, because the law says it is not.
    I would think that it is unconstitutional however, because it treats it's own citizens differently. Basically, if you are rich, there is a levy to leave, if however you are poor, then you cannot afford the fine and therefore cannot leave.
    Without anyone challenging it, we won't know.

Couldnt we say that about any Fine or court imposed financial sanction though?

I see the arguement but fines have been an established penalty for pretty much the entire common law existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Collected Family from Faro airport last night. 80% getting off we’re leaving cert holidays.

Irony is that the others were probably double jabbed, but will need a pcr test to renter Ireland, however had they got their jabs in Portugal they wouldn’t need a pcr to go home. The pure and simple discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭DavidJC

Everyone needs a PCR to enter Ireland until July 19th, no??
    We don't recognise the EU travel system yet
    Valhallapt wrote: »
    Collected Family from Faro airport last night. 80% getting off we’re leaving cert holidays.

Irony is that the others were probably double jabbed, but will need a pcr test to renter Ireland, however had they got their jabs in Portugal they wouldn’t need a pcr to go home. The pure and simple discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

DavidJC wrote: »
    Everyone needs a PCR to enter Ireland until July 19th, no??
    We don't recognise the EU travel system yet

Open to correction but my understanding is you can enter on a DGC, I know if I get a PCR test here it’s sent to me as a DGC. Maybe they are only allowing DGC from a PCR??

Open to correction but my understanding is you can enter on a DGC, I know if I get a PCR test here it’s sent to me as a DGC. Maybe they are only allowing DGC from a PCR??

Thats my understanding of it at present but are the QR codes being scanned or do you need to show its a PCR test on it?

AGAIN, thats not discrimination. What Ireland demands from EVERYONE and what Portugal demands are not comparable to prove discrimination.

Ireland demands a PCR from all entrants. How is that not equal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,340 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Hold tight, 2 more weeks.

With the 18s able to get a pharmacy jab and the pharmacies claiming to be ready and willing to kick in, surely the light is now visible?

Or am I letting the damn optimist in me out again?

There’s still an issue re quantity of J&J for pharmacies.

Re the wait, I read today that MVC cases will receive DCCs via email while those vaxxed at GPs and pharmacies will receive via snail mail. It’s surprising that text links to MGovID could not be used given that everyone’s PPS was required. I would have thought it better to minimise the number of physical certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

The only Irish pubs you can drink inside in Europe are all in fact outside Ireland.

Great little country.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

AGAIN, thats not discrimination. What Ireland demands from EVERYONE and what Portugal demands are not comparable to prove discrimination.

Ireland demands a PCR from all entrants. How is that not equal?

If we're talking discrimination based on vaccination status, Ireland certainly does do this, because quarantine requirements vary depending on vaccination status.

For instance, arrivals from GB (or who have been in GB within 14 days) have to quarantine for 5 days+PCR test if vaccinated, but 10 days+PCR test if unvaccinated.

edit: actually I think this is incorrect, and that the bit about unvaccinated people taking a further test is only advice and not legally required. That'll teach me to use citizens information rather than gov.ie

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

Marcusm wrote: »
    There’s still an issue re quantity of J&J for pharmacies.

Re the wait, I read today that MVC cases will receive DCCs via email while those vaxxed at GPs and pharmacies will receive via snail mail. It’s surprising that text links to MGovID could not be used given that everyone’s PPS was required. I would have thought it better to minimise the number of physical certs.

I got done in a GP and will be out of the country on the 19th. Hopefully they accept a picture of the cert then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Gardai check point gone from airport and no questions through security

Likely has stopped, perhaps I'm repeating others details

But at DubAir just civil question at entrance for boarding pass and no Gardai presence

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭fran38

Anyone have experience from flying in or out of Shannon recently? Any Gardai hovering around? I asked this question some pages back but it got lost in the discussion. Cheers.

Lumen wrote: »
    If we're talking discrimination based on vaccination status, Ireland certainly does do this, because quarantine requirements vary depending on vaccination status.

For instance, arrivals from GB (or who have been in GB within 14 days) have to quarantine for 5 days+PCR test if vaccinated, but 10 days+PCR test if unvaccinated.

Thats not what people are saying though. They are comparing Portugal allowing Poirtuguese vaccinated enter Portugal without a PCR to Ireland requiring Irish vaccinated to still have a PCR which isnt discimination on any basis

or INWARD travel to EXIT travel which again treats everyone the exact same but the user insisted that its discrimination for some reason.

Your example is the only one I have seen so far that I can see the argument in as it does require people to separate based purely on a medical jab when doing the same act. Im presuming they can explain that on the Delta variant though as its the exception to the rule.

Gardai check point gone from airport and no questions through security

Likely has stopped, perhaps I'm repeating others details

But at DubAir just civil question at entrance for boarding pass and no Gardai presence

It has not stopped.

Likely just busy or on a break or had to go elsewhere to cover something.

TefalBrain wrote: »
    The only Irish pubs you can drink inside in Europe are all in fact outside Ireland.

Great little country.

You can drink in the airport bar :)

It has not stopped.

Likely just busy or on a break or had to go elsewhere to cover something.

Cool just giving experience of 45minutes ago

Cool just giving experience of 45minutes ago

I know, just dont want people getting caught on the hop

I got done in a GP and will be out of the country on the 19th. Hopefully they accept a picture of the cert then

You’d kinda hope that those of us who receive the physical cert will include details to download a digital one. I think they have the ability to do the tech. I am getting “tin hat” mode to think that it’s all delay/obfuscation. A more logical approach would be to post out a download code now but not to action the downloads until 19/7. If they’re posted on 19/7, with the best will in the world it’s not equality of access.

You can drink in the airport bar :)

Which is probably the most unnecessary facility of all!

• Advertisement

Marcusm wrote: »
    Which is probably the most unnecessary facility of all!

Unless you're a nervous flier and dont want to take diazepam

Advertisement