Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

You can drink in the airport bar :)

If I wanted to pay 2k for a round of drinks I'd go to Temple Bar thanks very much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭plodder

Anyone know what happens if you hire a car abroad and your drivers license appears to have expired? ie the expiry date on the license has passed but the license is still valid because of the extension that was put in place during level 5 lockdown. Will foreign car hire companies know about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭VG31

Marcusm wrote: »
    You’d kinda hope that those of us who receive the physical cert will include details to download a digital one. I think they have the ability to do the tech. I am getting “tin hat” mode to think that it’s all delay/obfuscation. A more logical approach would be to post out a download code now but not to action the downloads until 19/7. If they’re posted on 19/7, with the best will in the world it’s not equality of access.

I've only seen mentions of a physical or digital cert so far. I would be surprised if you can't get both though. I will use the digital version but I still would like to have the physical one as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

fran38 wrote: »
    Anyone have experience from flying in or out of Shannon recently? Any Gardai hovering around? I asked this question some pages back but it got lost in the discussion. Cheers.

Sorry fran38, I saw your post but think it wasn’t answered because there are so few flights going from Shannon so people don’t know. 33 departures in the next 7 days compared to 699 from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

VG31 wrote: »
    I've only seen mentions of a physical or digital cert so far. I would be surprised if you can't get both though. I will use the digital version but I still would like to have the physical one as a backup.

I'm guessing that there is no practical difference. A QR code can be read as easily from a screen as from a piece of paper. The QR code will contain a digital signature which prevents forgery (unless you have access to the keys of a certificate issuer).

The easiest analogy is boarding passes. You can load one up in the airline smartphone app or download and print it.

I suspect the HSE will offer to send out physical copies to people who have neither a smartphone or a printer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm guessing that there is no practical difference. A QR code can be read as easily from a screen as from a piece of paper. The QR code will contain a digital signature which prevents forgery (unless you have access to the keys of a certificate issuer).

The easiest analogy is boarding passes. You can load one up in the airline smartphone app or download and print it.

I suspect the HSE will offer to send out physical copies to people who have neither a smartphone or a printer.

There is a practical difference, in Niner’s case, between receiving an email which he can access anywhere or a posted cert which you can access only at one location!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Marcusm wrote: »
    There is a practical difference, in Niner’s case, between receiving an email which he can access anywhere or a posted cert which you can access only at one location!

No, because they said they would have access to a photo of it. The security comes from the signature embedded in the QR code, not the physical medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭fran38

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Sorry fran38, I saw your post but think it wasn’t answered because there are so few flights going from Shannon so people don’t know. 33 departures in the next 7 days compared to 699 from Dublin.

Thanks for the reply Solo. Crazy reduction in flights isnt it? Im not far from Shannon myself so took a spin out to the airport two days ago. Absolute ghost town.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Only because Delta cannot transmit airside. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭eltonyio

AGAIN, thats not discrimination. What Ireland demands from EVERYONE and what Portugal demands are not comparable to prove discrimination.

Ireland demands a PCR from all entrants. How is that not equal?

Ireland does not demand a PCR from all entrants.

Age 6 and under does not need a PCR. Age 7 and up does.

That's quite clear discrimination on age grounds is it not?

• Advertisement

https://www.newstalk.com/news/minister-refutes-ryanair-claims-that-eu-travel-pass-delay-will-cause-chaos-at-irish-airports-1220145

I thought that anyone without a pcr got MHQ up untill July 1st and that's what o leary was on about his EU vaccinated pax as being threatened with ?

The minister doesn't seem to know and neither does the newstalk journalist...

Also is he suggesting there that a vaccination card from the hse showing you fully vaccinated will get you back into Ireland before July 19th ?

I wouldn't want to rely on it...given the poor research of both the minister and the journalist

Only because Delta cannot transmit airside. Fact.

Nope...
    Generally speaking everyone airside travelling and drinking has had a sub 72hrs covid test done

Edit -except to the UK
    I suppose that negates that so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Are the lounges open again?

Weren't when I left a few weeks ago.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Say you are not vaccinated (over 7 and under 18) and you contract Covid abroad and get a positive PCR test.

I assume your positive test is then your proof of recovery, 14 days after the test? Another PCR is likely to be still positive I understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

If I book a ferry over to the UK on or just after the 19th is it correct I don't have to worry about this digital covid cert, as long as I have it (plus a 72 hour pcr) when I return.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

eeepaulo wrote: »
    If I book a ferry over to the UK on or just after the 19th is it correct I don't have to worry about this digital covid cert, as long as I have it (plus a 72 hour pcr) when I return.

You don't need the cert, but you'll need a PCR before coming back, and to quarantine when you come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Are lingus just gave us a weird warning about not filming or photographing the crew or their procedures. I mean I wouldn't anyway but I've never heard that one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Irish Daily Mail (yes I know) front page headline for tomorrow:

"We will miss EU travel deadline warn ministers"

What a shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Feria40 wrote: »

What a shocker

Might have held some weight had it not been The Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Feria40 wrote: »

What a shocker

is that the 19/7 deadline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    You don't need the cert, but you'll need a PCR before coming back, and to quarantine when you come back.

At the moment yes. But after 19th we don't know yet. The plan was likes of UK/us treated same as EU countries unless they put them on emergency break but who knows now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

siochain wrote: »
    is that the 19/7 deadline?

Yep. Regina Doherty has it on her Twitter feed

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

Gardai check point gone from airport and no questions through security

Likely has stopped, perhaps I'm repeating others details

But at DubAir just civil question at entrance for boarding pass and no Gardai presence

I saw this on Twitter from a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/rebelfocus/status/1410628026493190147

https://www.newstalk.com/news/minister-refutes-ryanair-claims-that-eu-travel-pass-delay-will-cause-chaos-at-irish-airports-1220145

I thought that anyone without a pcr got MHQ up untill July 1st and that's what o leary was on about his EU vaccinated pax as being threatened with ?

The minister doesn't seem to know and neither does the newstalk journalist...

Also is he suggesting there that a vaccination card from the hse showing you fully vaccinated will get you back into Ireland before July 19th ?

I wouldn't want to rely on it...given the poor research of both the minister and the journalist

He's wrong to my knowledge. The law staying pcr hasn't been scrapped or amended to my knowledge and my friends at Ryanair demanded it.

Absolutely shocking if he's wrong and very sneaky if it was amended and not made public

Ladylouth wrote: »
    I saw this on Twitter from a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/rebelfocus/status/1410628026493190147

Another example of not trusting what you read on social media

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

Another example of not trusting what you read on social media

I said I saw it - doesn't mean I trust it! Are you saying it's not the case?

Are lingus just gave us a weird warning about not filming or photographing the crew or their procedures. I mean I wouldn't anyway but I've never heard that one before.

Always existed in the t&c for most Arline's. There's probable be in increase in phones in faces

Ladylouth wrote: »
    I said I saw it - doesn't mean I trust it! Are you saying it's not the case?

Of course I am. It's wrong. We opted in to join the agreement on the 19th July. That's the deal.

The actual fine itself and checkpoints are in effect until the 5th of July when it / they will be, in my opinion, extended to the 19th July.

eltonyio wrote: »
    Ireland does not demand a PCR from all entrants.

Age 6 and under does not need a PCR. Age 7 and up does.

That's quite clear discrimination on age grounds is it not?

Is the age of consuming alcohol discrimination?

Age of retirement?

Marriage?

Sex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭eltonyio

Is the age of consuming alcohol discrimination?

Age of retirement?

Marriage?

Sex?

You said everyone needs PCR. That's incorrect.

Advertisement