Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

There's an emergency break procedure which Germany has more or less invoked already (though not formally and before the start date), if cases go up due to Delta Ireland can invoke it and still be in keeping with the DCC. We're still higher than much of EU though and Delta will impact more and sooner here (in terms of cases anyway). Bu that can be the narrative for Government and NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Bishop Casey got an airport in knock. Saint Tony will get the other 26 CMOs in the EU to also abandon science and stop travel and antigen testing.

Jesus, wrong priest, lol! Monsignor James Horan brought the airport to Knock....Bishop Casey is well known for other reasons.......

acequion wrote: »
    But after 19th July the requirement to have a PCR and to quarantine when entering Ireland no longer applies to the fully vaccinated. Is that not correct?

Essentially on the 19th you enter without a pcr from the 19th onwards
    In theory right now you shouldn't need a pcr to enter Ireland as an Irish citizen because its not required for other EU citizens and neither is quarantine if they enter with their DCC fully vaccinated

You cannot have easier entry for non citizens than citizens in my opinion and I'd say I'm right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Skippette wrote: »
    Jesus, wrong priest, lol! Monsignor James Horan brought the airport to Knock....Bishop Casey is well known for other reasons.......

Yes of course !! I mixed up the infamous bishop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Going back to actual travel practicalities, if I were to land to Dublin airport today with a digital vax cert issued in an EU state, would I be able to enter Ireland without a PCR test ? A few posts back seems to hint that you can (i,e cert negates need for PCR).

According to the government all travellers still need a PCR test, presumably as that legislation is still in place.
    https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/coronavirus/general-covid-19-travel-advisory/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Essentially on the 19th you enter without a pcr from the 19th onwards
    In theory right now you shouldn't need a pcr to enter Ireland as an Irish citizen because its not required for other EU citizens and neither is quarantine if they enter with their DCC fully vaccinated

You cannot have easier entry for non citizens than citizens in my opinion and I'd say I'm right

The bit in bold surely isn't true. Everyone entering Ireland now requires a PCR test, citizen or non-citizen.

The bit in bold surely isn't true. Everyone entering Ireland now requires a PCR test, citizen or non-citizen.

If you have an EU DCC derived from being fully vaccinated surely not ?

If you have an EU DCC derived from being fully vaccinated surely not ?

That only applies from the 19th.

That only applies from the 19th.

Its EU law now
    I know Ireland are not issuing them for their own citizenship until the 19th

Its EU law now

and Ireland will implement it from the 19th. If you can show different it would be great as i'm travelling back to Ireland before that and it would be great not to have to quarantine.

from gov.ie

From 19 July
    The current government advice is to avoid non-essential international travel. From 19 July, subject to the prevailing public health situation, Ireland will operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU/EEA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Its EU law now

Nope anyone arriving in until the 19th requires a PCR, from EU website.

"Entering this country with the EU Digital COVID certificate

From 19 July, subject to the prevailing public health situation, Ireland will operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU/EEA.

A DCC will show if a passenger:

is vaccinated against COVID-19;
    has recovered from COVID-19; or
    has a negative test result
    Passengers arriving into Ireland with a DCC will not have to undergo quarantine."

and Ireland will implement it from the 19th. If you can show different it would be great as i'm travelling back to Ireland before that and it would be great not to have to quarantine.

from gov.ie

From 19 July
    The current government advice is to avoid non-essential international travel. From 19 July, subject to the prevailing public health situation, Ireland will operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU/EEA.

I know
    I would like to know what happened to the EU citizens Michael O leary said on rte drivetime Friday were arriving with the DCC fully vaccinated and no pcr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I know
    I would like to know what happened to the EU citizens Michael O leary said on rte drivetime Friday arriving with the DCC fully vaccinated and no pcr

Yea he said they were threatened with MHQ, as the immigration officials didn’t know what a DCC was and had no ability to read them. I presume the were allowed to proceed ? Also possible MO’L just made the story up

Yea he said they were threatened with MHQ, as the immigration officials didn’t know what a DCC was and had no ability to read them. I presume the were allowed to proceed ? Also possible MO’L just made the story up

Very unlikely he made it up

Very unlikely he made it up
    maybe on the ground they are accepting certs, or possibly test certs embedded in the digital cert ?

All I can see is that this requirement for all travellers arriving in thge state except from NI needed a PCR test till June
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2021/si/135/made/en/print

and then thats extended by this flash of a pen till July 19th
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2021/si/276/made/en/print

Well that bit is nonsense from him anyway, know of people who arrived over the weekend myself and had their PCR on the digital cert and immigration were able to scan it no problem. There's elements of the system in place and working but they're still asking for proof of test and will be until the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adubintipp2

I know most on here, me included, have skin in the game, as they want to travel this summer, but putting that aside, the logic below resonates with me. The Taoiseach is being told by his party that he is “on Tony’s bus”. And it is clear the next 2 weeks will be dominated by shadow boxing with NPHET around a negotiated “partial” return to indoor dining. That, and the fact that they have been doubling down on the 19th July date makes me more confident it will go ahead. NPHET making a big push on travel, at this point, would be the equivalent of Tony leading the Taoiseach around the playground, in a headlock, saying “why are you hitting yourself’
    After the hames they made of this week's announcements I have no doubt the 19th is set in stone. There will be plenty of 'news'paper click bait in the meantime but that's all it is. They've given the date, they've said they're set up to go so there's not much backing out they can do.

Anyway, I was on the bike on the N11 earlier watching car after car and campervan after campervan driving Wexford bound loaded to the gills, most with IRL stickers on the back. On my way back up the same in the opposite direction. It was like old times. Jealous doesn't even begin to describe it (roll on August 22nd for me!)

People know now that the rest of the continent is moving again so nobody gives a sh*t for any regulations at this stage anyway. People have 2020 credit notes that need to be used before expiry and hard cash is what matters to people.

Bonne Chance to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Well that bit is nonsense from him anyway, know of people who arrived over the weekend myself and had their PCR on the digital cert and immigration were able to scan it no problem. There's elements of the system in place and working but they're still asking for proof of test and will be until the 19th

I think Ireland just started scanning them after O’Leary went on both Newstalk & Rte raising the issue. For the first two days - people were not able to have their QR codes read here on arrival & were being threatened with MHQ.
    Does anyone know if the travel fine is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Quechyquat

Nope anyone arriving in until the 19th requires a PCR, from EU website.

"Entering this country with the EU Digital COVID certificate

From 19 July, subject to the prevailing public health situation, Ireland will operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU/EEA.

A DCC will show if a passenger:

is vaccinated against COVID-19;
    has recovered from COVID-19; or
    has a negative test result
    Passengers arriving into Ireland with a DCC will not have to undergo quarantine."

Nope, from 1st July you can enter Ireland if in possession of a DCC. The extent to which airport personnel have been briefed is questionable as is the entire readiness of the State tbh. If you are travelling on a DCC test certificate, it needs to be PCR for Ireland. It’s all here and effective from 1st July:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32021R0953#d1e1395-1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Quechyquat wrote: »
    Nope, from 1st July you can enter Ireland if in possession of a DCC. The extent to which airport personnel have been briefed is questionable as is the entire readiness of the State tbh. If you are travelling on a DCC test certificate, it needs to be PCR for Ireland. It’s all here and effective from 1st July:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32021R0953#d1e1395-1-1

So what is the story with mandatory hotel quarantine now

• Advertisement

Yes that's what I said, they are accepting PCR if it's on your cert, but they aren't accepting just vaccine only, not until 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So what’s the story if I am from an EU country flying into ireland. Do I still need the negative pcr test

So what is the story with mandatory hotel quarantine now

It's in place for countries on the designated countries list, proof of vaccination means no MHQ but self quarantine, test of day 5 etc

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/#designated-states-mandatory-hotel-quarantine

So what’s the story if I am from an EU country flying into ireland. Do I still need the negative pcr test

Yes, until the 19th

After that if you've full vaccination you can come and go as you please.

If your not fully vaccinated you'll still require PCR

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

I think Ireland just started scanning them after O’Leary went on both Newstalk & Rte raising the issue. For the first two days - people were not able to have their QR codes read here on arrival & were being threatened with MHQ.
    Does anyone know if the travel fine is gone?

Officially the fine is not gone, in reality it hasn't been used for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

acequion wrote: »
    What kind of meeting is happening on Tuesday? I thought we were given the green light for July 19th for the resumption of non essential travel and the start of our participation in the EU travel cert. So what the hell have they to talk about? Is a uturn like they did on hospitality really on the cards?? Jesus that's unthinkable :mad:

They never had any intention to proceed with the 19th bar fully vaccinated people. Their whole aim is to get the schools back and then introduce it insuring the vast vast majority of families can't travel as many parents won't be fully vaxed until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Is the €2,000 fine gone now or has it been extended to the 19th ?

is there a meeting due son to discuss what's happening with the CTA from 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Quechyquat

Yes that's what I said, they are accepting PCR if it's on your cert, but they aren't accepting just vaccine only, not until 19th

Read the legislation. There are 3 types of EU DCC: vaccination, test and recovery. All must be accepted from 1st July. EU citizens can travel to Ireland quarantine-free since last Thursday.

The only extent to which we can delay is in the issuing of certs to our own citizens for outbound travel. This can be delayed until 12th August at the latest. Thankfully Article 15 of the Regulations mandates countries to accept an equivalent certificate during this period.

• Advertisement

Read the legislation. There are 3 types of EU DCC: vaccination, test and recovery. All must be accepted from 1st July. EU citizens can travel to Ireland quarantine-free since last Thursday.
    acceptance of the cert as a genuine proof of a test or vaccination isnt the same as a member state being compelled to waive all entry restrictions already in place by domestic law and open the door to anyone with any type of digital cert.

As an example that might be more understandable, the digital cert can hold an antigen test result.
    Can you land to Dublin airport with an antigen test result and demand entry to ireland quarantine free ? And if so, does it need to be 24 or 48 or 72 hours old?

I dont see where thats in the EU legislation, but thats because that side of it is down to the member state, and in the case of Ireland they require a PCR test, and nothing else, still .

Advertisement