Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

dalyboy wrote: »
    I’m neither dismissive nor condescending, it’s an actual fact that the MBA Harvard graduate mixed up trivial days and months of the year that my junior infants son knew last year.
    =
    Your second paragraphs a red herring.

Ah here, I know a PhD in mathematics that struggles to tie his shoe laces and another that can't tell left from right, not everyone is wired the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TopNotchSticks

Hey, Reading some of your comments and they're rather interesting. I'm rather confused. The law for un essential travel ended the 5th. Was This extended online it says penalties still apply. But I cant actually find a copy of this? The official document still states 5th. Ive also noticed the wording change on the dfa website which now says it does not recommend international travel until after the 19th... did it not state international travel wasnt permitted unless its for essential reason now it says not recommended...... maybe I'm remembering that wrong but I could have sworn it was different

Its fine ive got some documents supporting my reason for travel this weekend. But I'd be much more at ease if I thought I couldn't get fined. It seems to me this temporary health legislation has ended?? No? Confused lol

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rajqo

Yes, until the 19th

After that if you've full vaccination you can come and go as you please.

If your not fully vaccinated you'll still require PCR

what does fully vaccinated actually mean? right after the second jab or there must be 7 days or 14 days after? shocking it's only 13 days left for a DCC to be operational and there are still no clear rules how this will work for passengers flying to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Let's be honest, that's probably a typo or perhaps more stupidity but thankfully the Guards on the ground in this country, despite the best efforts of their management, are generally fair and evenhanded and, by all accounts here, have by and large shown that to be the case at Dublin airport.

If this overlap comes to pass nobody will be fined on that day, it wouldn't stand up in court

Let’s be honest, it’s shambolic from the government.

There’s enough highly paid people, elected and unelected, around Leinster House to make sure things are done right.

So either it’s not an error, which is bizarre, it it’s utter incompetence.

Incompetence either way actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Hi .. do you know what happens after July 19th for requiring negative pcr tests to enter ireland ? I’m guessing that requirement won’t be changing ...
    my family member might need to travel in an emergency situation from the uk and I’m trying to make up a plan for them because they there might not be time for a pcr test

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Let’s be honest, it’s shambolic from the government.

There’s enough highly paid people, elected and unelected, around Leinster House to make sure things are done right.

So either it’s not an error, which is bizarre, it it’s utter incompetence.

Incompetence either way actually.

Donnelly is a graduate of University College Dublin (UCD) with a degree in mechanical engineering.[7] He also worked and studied in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).[8] In 2000, Donnelly moved to London, where he worked as a management consultant with McKinsey & Company.[9]

In 2008, he completed a master's degree in Public Administration in International Development at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He returned to work for McKinsey and Company, in Dublin, before deciding to run for office in 2011.

So he has a degree from UCD in mechanical engineering - which I assume would require some knowledge of numeracy, a masters in Public administration and yet he

1.Doesnt know the number of days in a month.
    2. Doesn't know what time one day finishes and the next one starts.

This people is what is running our health service. This is whats making life and death decisions on a daily basis. This is what is implementing NPHETs recommendations.....as a country we are rightly ****ed and will be lucky to ever recover from this pandemic for another decade.God help us/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

acequion wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply but unfortunately it's not helpful. I made it clear in my post that I'm not looking for PCR, I'm looking for Antigen. And that Randox only do Antigen in Dublin airport, I'm in Kerry. Randox only seem to do PCR in all their other centres.

I imagine they'll surely start doing Antigen as there will be a demand after the 19th but according to their website they're not doing it yet. I mailed and am waiting to have that confirmed.

Hi ace, Randox PCR price isn’t much dearer than their antigen price and is also accepted on arrival into Spain if that’s any help. I can’t see where to get antigen either myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone fly into and out of Knock lately?
    What was the experience like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/covid-travel-certificates-may-arrive-in-the-post-within-days-40619049.html

Could the Government provide the necessary information re digital access / app access to QR code for the EU Digital Cert. Many people will not want paper format & we’re not even getting press leaks re how it will work…

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone fly into and out of Knock lately?
    What was the experience like?

Yes ... it was seamless . Leaving for the uk was hassle free then arriving back to knock you have to show your negative pcr test and locator form to the guards and that’s it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

rajqo wrote: »
    what does fully vaccinated actually mean? right after the second jab or there must be 7 days or 14 days after? shocking it's only 13 days left for a DCC to be operational and there are still no clear rules how this will work for passengers flying to Ireland

Would also like to know this specifically for portugal and spain! But hard to get info. What I do know is that it seems to vary country to country and is between 7 to 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    Would also like to know this specifically for portugal and spain! But hard to get info. What I do know is that it seems to vary country to country and is between 7 to 14 days

I think here it's 7 days after Pfizer and q4 days after astra. So in order to get your cert I assume it would be based on this.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/covid-travel-certificates-may-arrive-in-the-post-within-days-40619049.html

Could the Government provide the necessary information re digital access / app access to QR code for the EU Digital Cert. Many people will not want paper format & we’re not even getting press leaks re how it will work…

you can digitize your paper version of dcc.. you just scan it by smartphone into that eu covid app, which is developed by eu and not by ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    I think here it's 7 days after Pfizer and q4 days after astra. So in order to get your cert I assume it would be based on this.

Thanks. I assume moderna and j&j are similar

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I received my Vaccination data from my GP in an E-Mail with a QR code, once the certificate app launched, I wonder if that will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Anyone get a PCR in Lanzarote how much did it cost ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Can't believe they're posting the Digital travel certs! Only in Ireland eh?

Thought they had developed an App to download it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Feria40 wrote: »
    I really dont get the sudden expectation of huge airport queues.

Scan boarding pass (as normal) scan QR code. Done

That's it, 5 second extra? Unless the airport staff have dial up rather than broadband...

Now there may be queues if the airport/airlines have the same number of staff working in August 2021 as they had in April 2021, that's a different story

The queues will be in the testing centres both here and abroad before coming back. PCRs coming back will make it very difficult for people holidaying in remote locations. They will have to cut their holiday short by a day to stay somewhere close to a testing center/airport, because of the time it might take to get a PCR result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

We will be getting our second dose on Thursday so I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the cert to arrive in the post.

Side note how can a digital cert be sent by letter!!! You'd have to laugh. Altho I work in the public service and still receive my payslip in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

acequion wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply but unfortunately it's not helpful. I made it clear in my post that I'm not looking for PCR, I'm looking for Antigen. And that Randox only do Antigen in Dublin airport, I'm in Kerry. Randox only seem to do PCR in all their other centres.

I imagine they'll surely start doing Antigen as there will be a demand after the 19th but according to their website they're not doing it yet. I mailed and am waiting to have that confirmed.

Randox do antigen in Limerick TTBOMK. €49

• Advertisement

Currently in Lanzarote and flying home on 20th July as to avoid quarantine. Am eligible to use DCC as had prior infection in Winter and now it seems I cant because they are posting them out. So I wont be able to access mine.

Which means I need a PCR test even though if I could get digital version of DCC I’d save myself €120.

Great!!!!

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Anyone get a PCR in Lanzarote how much did it cost ?

I didn’t get it yet but if in PDC you’re probably looking at €120 - €150

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Currently in Lanzarote and flying home on 20th July as to avoid quarantine. Am eligible to use DCC as had prior infection in Winter and now it seems I cant because they are posting them out. So I wont be able to access mine.
    Which means I need a PCR test even though if I could get digital version of DCC I’d save myself €120.
    Great!!!!

Crazy stuff, posting them, unless you call your postie or neighbour and get them to take a pic of the Paper Cert and send it to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

This is paywalled for me.

Are they only going to post it those fully vaccinated?

Could they not post it to everyone or at least those that are partially vacinated, with the info behind the QR code then updated in the 'cloud' when you receive your second dose

Great!!!!

if someone can access your post and open that letter, they can take a picture of it and send it to you. you can then scan it with your covid app to have it stored in your phone

app available here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.green_pass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭plodder

I can't see why they wouldn't be providing them in digital form also. People are bound to lose the paper certs; the dog will eat it etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

plodder wrote: »
    I can't see why they wouldn't be providing them in digital form also. People are bound to lose the paper certs; the dog will eat it etc etc.

So people who are already abroad can't use it to enter Ireland again. They are making it as hard and stressful as possible it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

As an Irish citizen who has been vaccinated by the NHS I'm a little confused reading this CitizensInformation article

It sounds like if I fly into Ireland from an EU country they will not accept my NHS vaccination as it's not on the EUDCC and I will need to show proof of PCR test, but if I fly into Ireland from a non-EU country ie UK/USA they will accept the NHS vaccination certificate and no testing is required. Seems daft that there's tighter restrictions on flying within the EU?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sammy2012 wrote: »

Be careful with this. The Cert will say what date you got your 2nd dose, and different countries have different criteria for what they consider 'fully vaccinated'. France, for example, say 14 days after 2nd Pfizer dose, and that's what they'll check at the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

How do unvaccinated people (eg Teens) get the DCC to show negative Test results? Is it when they actually get the results of the Test?

"The EU COVID Certificate (previously called the Digital Green Certificate) will help citizens move freely and safely within the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic.

It is proof that you have either:

Been vaccinated against COVID-19;
    Received a negative test result; or
    Recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months

Being vaccinated will not be a pre-condition to travel."

From the same website -

"From 19 July 2021, Ireland plans to operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU and EEA.
    These plans are subject to the public health advice on that date.

This page is an overview of the DCC and the proposed easing of travel restrictions from 19 July 2021, for people arriving into Ireland from within and outside the EU."

It is only talking about people *arriving into Ireland*.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/digital_covid_certificate.html#

Advertisement