Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hold up Lumen, now please show me where in my post I gave out about the option of a paper format?

Obsolete and last century is posting thousands of pages to people that COULD and SHOULD be able to download an app and print the paper version themselves. Ill probable opt for both but to be told "Sorry buddy, only a letter in the post" is absolutely obsolete and last century

Fair enough, I misconstrued your complaint.

I do wonder how many people have access to working printers at home, particularly with WFH. I know several people who only used their printers for printing boarding passes and stopped doing that when the airlines introduced smartphone apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The HSE has all our vaccination details on a database. The cert MUST be available in a paper format for those that want it but there should still be an app released and a way to obtain your code digitally.

But...............Ireland where everything is last century tech and obsolete ideas

Maybe not all the details. Did your GP collect your email address? Mine didn’t. That said, a text link would work via mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

faceman wrote: »
    Norway isn’t in the EU.

Regardless, it's hardly much of a rollback. Nothing that affects the DCC. They were planning lifting the rules on indoor drinking being restricted to table service. That's been delayed. Bit like the UK's delay really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭plodder

Mr.S wrote: »
    So there’s no plan to integrate it into the COVID-19 app? Other countries have done this and you access your vaccination / test record via the wallet section - seems a lot more useful then a electronic pdf -.-
    Not sure that our app is set up that way. All the concern about privacy that was expressed at the time meant it doesn't have to have any notion of an account or identity associated with it.

Maybe they could update the app to do all that but if you did, then what about all the privacy concerns? The tin-foil hat brigade might be out again saying they are tracking us, but now they definitely have our identity. Covid tracker was setup with a specific purpose and this would be a form of mission creep imo. TLDR; it should be a new app.

I'm trying to find the specs for the covid certificates, and the closest I've got is:

https://ec.europa.eu/health/ehealth/covid-19_en

and specifically w.r.t vaccination

https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/health/files/ehealth/docs/vaccination-proof_interoperability-guidelines_en.pdf

It includes Annex 1 which describes the minimum dataset for proof of vaccination.

Interestingly, the "Certificate valid from" field is optional, which makes this question tricky to answer:
    cgcsb wrote: »
    So are border personnel expected to check the date of your vaccine and know the time for a particular vaccine to become effective? Seems a big ask.

The obvious solution would be for the "Certificate valid from" to be two weeks (or whatever, depending on the vaccine) after your last dose.

Otherwise it's possible that the Irish authorities will just post them out on the effective date. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It's fairly simple to add something to Apple/Google Wallet. I regularly store cinema tickets in there. Will have it on the phone and keep the paper version with my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

You'll get a choice of format appearently

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1412371632707014659?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

TefalBrain wrote: »
    As an aside why would anyone jump on you if you are only travelling on holiday?

Going on holiday and getting away from the doom and gloom here is essential for mental health imo.

Absolutely. And not only that but people moving about and going on holidays is vital for our tourism and aviation sectors which are on their knees.

We are all beyond shocked at this stage but it still beggars belief that they can still fine people right up to and including the 19th. I could be jumped on now and reminded that it's the law, countries can do what they like in a pandemic and yada yada, but any rational person would agree that it is shocking and appalling on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I get you and Im trying to get my point across- I differ from you in that Id expect someone to be able to carry out small duties before trusting them with a bigger task - I do the same with my own staff.

Its ok - my 6 year old niece was able to work it out - Maybe Donnelly never learned that rhyme??

I get your point on the fact that as a politician he should be adept at building confidence. However the very fact your 6 year old can achieve a task that he did not, does not imply he lacks the intelligence of a 6 year old obviously. It rather tells us those tasks"recalling some rhyme from youth" are not a priority for him. The experience you quoted for him is quite impressive for an irish politician. He could not possibly have a degree in mechanical engineering if he did not at one point understand calculus and liner algebra and he could not have a career as a management consultant if he could not effectively optimize work processes and communicate effectively. So given that, what exactly does his inability to recall a memorized rhyme mean exactly? and why is it important?

The HSE has all our vaccination details on a database. The cert MUST be available in a paper format for those that want it but there should still be an app released and a way to obtain your code digitally.

But...............Ireland where everything is last century tech and obsolete ideas

not fully true.... they're supposed to, but don't

found that out the hard way trying to get childhood vaccine proof for a visa....

HSE could only provide digital validation of anything past 2000, anything before was still on paper... so I had to visit old area clinics, GP's and even had to get records dug out of the old Eastern Health Board archives.. fun times

anything digital now is probably still under ransomware lock and key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭bladespin

found that out the hard way trying to get childhood vaccine proof for a visa....

Same - all my records from the maternity hospital were lost because of a flood, no clue until I went looking, everything from early medical history, baptism cert the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

As kids will still need a PCR, can anyone recommend the best way to obtain this (in the Dublin area) please ?

Norway isn’t in the EU.

So? Its rollback is still a rollback on opening, as is the Irish one.
    From a border management perspective they have greater flexibility to apply restrictions

Not relevant when the discussion was opening up after Covid
    TefalBrain wrote: »
    Going on holiday and getting away from the doom and gloom here is essential for mental health imo.

No, its not. Never has been and never will be. Want to push me to issue you the fine? Try that entitled ****e.
    Lumen wrote: »
    I do wonder how many people have access to working printers at home, particularly with WFH. I know several people who only used their printers for printing boarding passes and stopped doing that when the airlines introduced smartphone apps.

I would say most people could access a printer. Maybe not all at home but between work, family, etc. Very very few wouldn't be able to print themselves.

Probable more getting lost in the post or mislaid if you consider house sharing, old addresses, converted flats and the likes. Thats not a dig at An Post, very good service I find but its a no brainer for most people. Digital and print at home V Postal service
    Marcusm wrote: »
    Maybe not all the details. Did your GP collect your email address? Mine didn’t. That said, a text link would work via mobile phone.

The HSE and my GP still possesses my email address. My only contact with them wasn't getting the vaccine

Luis21 wrote: »
    As kids will still need a PCR, can anyone recommend the best way to obtain this (in the Dublin area) please ?

Randox in the airport if it suits you. Nice people, good service and the best price around last time I got one.

HSE could only provide digital validation of anything past 2000, anything before was still on paper... so I had to visit old area clinics, GP's and even had to get records dug out of the old Eastern Health Board archives.. fun times

anything digital now is probably still under ransomware lock and key
    bladespin wrote: »
    Same - all my records from the maternity hospital were lost because of a flood, no clue until I went looking, everything from early medical history, baptism cert the lot.

Ok for the pedantic out there. all our COVID19 vaccine records. In a thread about the COVID19 vaccination system, travel and the brand spanking new COVID19 digital certificate I didnt think I needed to be that clear on what vaccine I was refering to.

**** sake

You'll get a choice of format appearently

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1412371632707014659?s=19

OK, we can all relax now. Issued in advance and options exist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭bladespin

Ok for the pedantic out there. all our COVID19 vaccine records. In a thread about the COVID19 vaccination system, travel and the brand spanking new COVID19 digital certificate I didnt think I needed to be that clear on what vaccine I was refering to.

**** sake

Get over it, if you're going to have a vaccine passport then you might as well have a complete one.

Why will kids still need a pcr, after July 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

I'm not being smart but if I had fellas in setting up high wires for me to fly on, I wouldn't want to be distracting them and making them fret over M&Ms. If Donnelly is a minister I want him to do that job and I don't care whether he can dance or parallel park or anything else. I reckon there is plenty of scope to criticise him on his actual job decisions. I don't think it is a job that you would ever be able to keep everyone happy.

BTW, if you asked me how many days are in a random month I'd likely have to quickly do the little rhyme in my head to check - "thirty days has ...". I'd imagine that most people are the same.
    I used to have a teacher who would often repeat that if brains were made out of chocolate you wouldn't have enough to fill a smartie. Sometimes I wonder about how smart Donnelly actually is.

Why will kids still need a pcr, after July 19th?

Why wouldn't they?

They might get away with an antigen test outbound (depending on destination), but they'll need a PCR to return.

Assuming they can't provide proof of past infection.

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    Get over it, if you're going to have a vaccine passport then you might as well have a complete one.

What? Are you drinking? Your wonderful idea for a complete digital vaccine cert is not whats being discussed here so you get over it and stop bringing up pointless stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Heading to France early on 19th of July so will need to book a PCR test, maybe on 17th just to be sure that the results are back in plenty of time. It's such a pain that the EU wide pass isn't available here yet, just for consistency and clarity even!

**** sake

never assume ;)

Why wouldn't they?

They might get away with an antigen test outbound (depending on destination), but they'll need a PCR to return.

Most EU countries accept under 12s with no vaccine has that changed?

Most EU countries accept under 12s with no vaccine has that changed?

Isnt a common approach the whole purpose of the DCC?

Why wouldn't they?

Nah its Greece so its a PCR. Also will need one coming back.

Nah its Greece so its a PCR. Also will need one coming back.

what age are they and is it after the 19th of July?

Greece does not require a pcr for under 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Hi all,
    I'm getting vaccinated Sunday 11th July with Johnson and Johnson. Flying to Spain on the 20th which means I will need a antigen test going over. I'm returning on the Sunday 25th July. This is 14 days, will I need a PCR test or will I not be considered fully vaccinated until the Monday 26th? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Looks like we will be getting the DCC in the coming week.

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't they?

what age are they and is it after the 19th of July?

Greece does not require a pcr for under 12s

Greece requires PCR for over 5s

Advertisement