Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

Luis21 wrote: »
    Greece requires PCR for over 5s

not anymore they changed it to over 12s a good few weeks ago.

Munster46 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm getting vaccinated Sunday 11th July with Johnson and Johnson. Flying to Spain on the 20th which means I will need a antigen test going over. I'm returning on the Sunday 25th July. This is 14 days, will I need a PCR test or will I not be considered fully vaccinated until the Monday 26th? Thanks

The question makes no sense. Presumable a typo

I would be amazed if you found yourself in trouble and my readig of it would be that by the Sunday 25th, you are vaccinated BUT as I found out myself, sometimes for the sake of sanity, coughing up the few quid is worth it

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/map-page

Scroll down to Greece.

Looks like we will be getting the DCC in the coming week.

While it seems sensible, Im not OK with it being hijacked for indoor dining. Its that kind of reuse that people get the tinfoil hats on for.

Just open the poxy indoor dining and anyone that cant produce a cert of a test / vaccine cant enter. Its no harder to produce your vaccine cert than it is to produce a DCC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Looks like I will be out of the country from 30th July to 30th August with a quick pop home after the first week. A mix of remote working and unused annual leave for some sunshine and chilling. I can certainly say I haven't felt this happy since last year!

Can't wait for my DCC to land in my inbox and then for the wheels to lift off the ground at Dublin Airport.

As the Coca-Cola song goes - "Holidays are coming, Holidays are coming"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Does anybody know how it will be possible to attain our EU Digital Travel cert with testing rather than vaccination?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I get your point on the fact that as a politician he should be adept at building confidence.
    Not just any politician - hes our Minister for Health.

However the very fact your 6 year old can achieve a task that he did not, does not imply he lacks the intelligence of a 6 year old obviously.
    I think we`ll have to differ on that one :D:D:D

It rather tells us those tasks"recalling some rhyme from youth" are not a priority for him.

But maybe it should be - Just imagine that there was something that he was signing into law that was critical for the care of the population and he put the 31st June on it and people died - would that be ok or would you accept it?
    I know I wouldnt.
    The experience you quoted for him is quite impressive for an irish politician. He could not possibly have a degree in mechanical engineering if he did not at one point understand calculus and liner algebra and he could not have a career as a management consultant if he could not effectively optimize work processes and communicate effectively.

I agree its quite impressive for any of our elected representatives - however in my opinion Donnelly has shown none of this so called management ability.

So given that, what exactly does his inability to recall a memorized rhyme mean exactly? and why is it important?

Its not about a rhyme - its about a Very Senior Politician making silly little mistakes - look at the 2k fine - due to expire on the 19th @ 23.59 - That means anyone with a booking for the 19th July could still be potentially liable for a fine of 2k....The SI should have expired @ 23.59 on the 18th not the 19th

This in my opinion is a serious error.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

Travelling to spain on 21st July. Booked an antigen test for myself and wife with a crowd called GoSafe48. Does anyone know if tests from this provider are accepted on the Spanish side?

Does anybody know how it will be possible to attain our EU Digital Travel cert with testing rather than vaccination?

It will be automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It will be automatic.

So i go and get an antigen test done say to exit Ireland and I will be provided a Digital Cert by the provider that will show I have negative antigen test and also 1 shot of a vaccine? or just a negative antigen/PCR?

• Advertisement

jmcgold wrote: »
    Travelling to spain on 21st July. Booked an antigen test for myself and wife with a crowd called GoSafe48. Does anyone know if tests from this provider are accepted on the Spanish side?

Did you check the box for travel?

"Antigen Test
    Travel Certificate"

29 euro, great price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

In Spain since Friday. Flew from Belfast. Wife was vaccinated but her second **** was within the 14 days of travel. Both got antigen tests in gosafe48, 25euro each coming out. Got to Belfast, they just had a quick peak at our documents at baggage drop. Got to Spain, queue was about 30 minutes to get through, they checked.our forms and my negative test. Let the wife and kids through without checking, so they might be spot checking.

That was it, was grand as long as you have your **** organised.

Glorious here, few Spaniards going around outdoors in masks still, most not now. Only need masks for supermarket or public transport.

Weathers great, beers are great, eating indoors is brilliant, at home.is a joke, phone just keeps popping up with constant news reports of this deadly wave due in mid july... Absolute scare mongering, still..

Dreading going back to Ireland.

So i go and get an antigen test done say to exit Ireland and I will be provided a Digital Cert by the provider that will show I have negative antigen test and also 1 shot of a vaccine? or just a negative antigen/PCR?

Dont take me as gospel on this.

My understanding at the moment is that results with approved testers will be issued via the DCC system so instead of or as well as the usual negative test result page, you will get a readable QR code.

If this includes the 1st shot I dunno, Im not involved in the creation of the system

A few pages back I believe someone said their PCR test from Spain was issued as a DCC as well even though they were Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

copeyhagen wrote: »
    In Spain since Friday. Flew from Belfast. Wife was vaccinated but her second **** was within the 14 days of travel. Both got antigen tests in gosafe48, 25euro each coming out. Got to Belfast, they just had a quick peak at our documents at baggage drop. Got to Spain, queue was about 30 minutes to get through, they checked.our forms and my negative test. Let the wife and kids through without checking, so they might be spot checking.

Glorious here, few Spaniards going around outdoors in masks still, most not now. Only need masks for supermarket or public transport.

Weathers great, beers are great, eating indoors is brilliant, at home.is a joke, phone just keeps popping up with constant news reports of this deadly wave due in mid july... Absolute scare mongering, still..

The rest we know about but why would anyone want to dine indoors in Spain in July ??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Interesting

Irish Dept Foreign Affairs says Over 5s
    Greek says over 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

voldejoie wrote: »
    Heading to France early on 19th of July so will need to book a PCR test, maybe on 17th just to be sure that the results are back in plenty of time. It's such a pain that the EU wide pass isn't available here yet, just for consistency and clarity even!

Is the "green pass" or whatever its call going to be available for the 19th, thus if vaccinated you this covers you rather than a PCR? Or am I reading this wrong?

The rest we know about but why would anyone want to dine indoors in Spain in July ??

AC if you are a walking bag of sweat like mw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

copeyhagen wrote: »

Sounds great. Can't wait to get away from the doom here.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Lol, i.meant burger king etc with kids! Obv dinners are always outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Is the "green pass" or whatever its call going to be available for the 19th, thus if vaccinated you this covers you rather than a PCR? Or am I reading this wrong?

It's meant to be ready from the 19th but I wouldn't be relying on anything the Irish government promise. I'm fully vaxed and am travelling in August but I still think they'll come up with some excuse or screw it up on purpose.

If I've learnt anything from years of HSE mismanagement and government ineptitude it's believe the exact opposite of what you are being told.

• Advertisement

TefalBrain wrote: »
    It's meant to be ready from the 19th but I wouldn't be relying on anything the Irish government promise. I'm fully vaxed and am travelling in August but I still think they'll come up with some excuse or screw it up on purpose.

If I've learnt anything from years of HSE mismanagement and government ineptitude it's believe the exact opposite of what you are being told.

Fair point, I would imagine we'll get to know the closer we get to the date... I may recommend my Italian partner book a PCR, but will wait until we're nearer the 19th.
    I also have my own concerns when travelling back from the UK on the 26th July, will there be a cert (understand UK not in EU) but will there be some sort of agreement

Fair point, I would imagine we'll get to know the closer we get to the date... I may recommend my Italian partner book a PCR, but will wait until we're nearer the 19th.
    I also have my own concerns when travelling back from the UK on the 26th July, will there be a cert (understand UK not in EU) but will there be some sort of agreement

Might be pushing your luck with the UK. They dont seem to be on many friendly lists at present

Might be pushing your luck with the UK. They dont seem to be on many friendly lists at present

True.... Again, I'll just have to watch the notifications and see as I get closer to the date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

LV saying that even with a DCC those that have recovered from Covid will need a PCR on return to Ireland. And government advice is that those who are not vaccinated (ie: kids) should not travel. So again, Irish gov only enacting certain elements of the DCC. Whether they enforce this in any way...

Also, good opportunity for McConkey to throw in a bit of scaremongerging with 'vaccine resistant variant as a result of international travel could wipe out our vaccine bonus.'

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0706/1233354-covid-update/?fbclid=IwAR1eHln_ic47nwZU7p5oqHQ61NJo_V7ev3Tk2ZewJv0NBIVrMpAu_cjFQsE

Just reading that again, that could mean the negative test of when they recovered. Badly written if so.

Tazz T wrote: »
    LV saying that even with a DCC those that have recovered from Covid will need a PCR on return to Ireland. And government advice is that those who are not vaccinated (ie: kids) should not travel. So again, Irish gov only enacting certain elements of the DCC. Whether they enforce this in any way...

Also, good opportunity for McConkey to throw in a bit of scaremongerging with 'vaccine resistant variant as a result of international travel could wipe out our vaccine bonus.'

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0706/1233354-covid-update/?fbclid=IwAR1eHln_ic47nwZU7p5oqHQ61NJo_V7ev3Tk2ZewJv0NBIVrMpAu_cjFQsE

Almost renders the DCC useless....

Someone please tell my what is so special about Ireland.... and not the "Health Service underfunded story again"

Almost renders the DCC useless....

Someone please tell my what is so special about Ireland.... and not the "Health Service underfunded story again"

I fail to see how A is connected to B.

Ireland has adopted a certain approach. Like all nations but it appears that our politicians are either not capable of staying up to date on the information or are trying to push restrictions further than the other EU nations are

I fail to see how A is connected to B.

Ireland has adopted a certain approach. Like all nations but it appears that our politicians are either not capable of staying up to date on the information or are trying to push restrictions further than the other EU nations are

I was commenting on two concerns...

The need for a PCR when returning to Ireland even if you have a DCC

And the fact that Ireland are seemingly doing their best to delay EVERYTHNG... Seemingly that they are "something special and different to the rest of the EU"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Just reading that again, that could mean the negative test of when they recovered. Badly written if so.

The article also doesn't specify kids as such.
    Tony Holohan answered the issue of kids travelling with vaccinated Parents at a Press Conference a few weeks ago. He was obtuse in his answer but iirc he was saying that if kids were not being offered a vaccine (which they are not right now) then NPHET could not advise them not to travel. Weirdly phrased with a double negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

SusanC10 wrote: »
    The article also doesn't specify kids as such.
    Tony Holohan answered the issue of kids travelling with vaccinated Parents at a Press Conference a few weeks ago. He was obtuse in his answer bit iirc he was saying that if kids were not being offered a vaccine (which they are not right now) then NPHET could not advise them not to travel. Weirdly phrased with a double negative.

I'm sure LV's advice applies to teenagers at least, so in effect he's saying families shouldn't travel. The point is there is still no clarity but the goalposts are moving again. Right now, return to Ireland requires PCRs for everyone except those that are vaccinated and those that aren't are 'strongly advised' not to travel. I'm wouldn't be surprised to see further restrictions applied, when all the details are announced (on the 25th July, probably at this stage).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I'm sure LV's advice applies to teenagers at least. The point is there is still no clarity but the goalposts are moving again. Right now, return to Ireland requires PCRs for everyone except those that are vaccinated and those that aren't are 'strongly advised' not to travel. I'm wouldn't be surprised to see further restrictions applied, when all the details are announced (on the 25th July, probably at this stage).

Ireland are not vaccinating under-16s at present so the Parents of those under 16 have no option to have their kids vaccinated which is a decision Ireland have taken as EMA have approved Pfizer for age 12+ in the EU.

Ireland have signed up to the DCC which gives 3 options for travel within the EU including Recovery and negative tests.
    Ireland have until August 12th to begin operation of the DCC although they have indicated July 19th.

I remain hopeful that this will happen on July 19th but agree with you that there is always the possibility of further restrictions.

Advertisement