Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

So are you saying one cant get a DCC if you have a valid negative PCR or antigen test?

No. You only get the DCC when your fully vaccinated. But once you've had a negative PCR or antigen test with then previous 48/72 hours you can fly no problem

Surly im not the only persom going abroad after 19th july that is not fully vacinated. How are they dealing with it.

If your not fully vaxxed and want to travel abroad now or after Julqy 19th you need to get a PCR/antigen test to enter another country. Then you need to get a PCR test while abroad to be allowed return home. It's the exact same conditions as travelling today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Do you have a link re the insurance

Easily obtainable via Google.

https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/covid-travel-insurance-spain-regions/

So you CAN get a DCC with just a negative test.ðŸ‘

No you just have to have proof that you do not have covid by getting a PCR or antigen test. The DCC will be issued by email or post to fully vaccinated people in the coming weeks. Once you have proof (negative test) you are free to travel.

Lumen wrote: »
    No. You need to be fully vaxxed to get the DCC.

No, no, no!

Tests certs are to be issued in the form of DCCs. Obviously they are only valuable for a short period!

https://assets.gov.ie/139630/97284df1-e598-4add-9d0b-6e30973a84df.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Marcusm wrote: »
    No, no, no!

Tests certs are to be issued in the form of DCCs. Obviously they are only valuable for a short period!

Thanks for that, that's grand for leaving here but do you think test centres in other EU nations will now be set up to issue temporary COVID certs when you get your test abroad?

Say I am getting a PCR test in Paris on 30 July, is it likely they will also issue you a temporary EU COVID cert for 72 hours?

Thanks for that, that's grand for leaving here but do you think test centres in other EU nations will now be set up to issue temporary COVID certs when you get your test abroad?

Say I am getting a PCR test in Paris on 30 July, is it likely they will also issue you a temporary EU COVID cert for 72 hours?

If you look back the thread, I recall that’s exactly what one or two contributors published as receiving as a test cert, in Spain IIRC, last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

If you look back the thread, I recall that’s exactly what one or two contributors published as receiving as a test cert, in Spain IIRC, last week.

If that's how it works, it makes things a lot easier to think about in my head!

So I guess we can pay 129euro to Randox if we want to go to the pub for the weekend aswell:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,082 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

No, no, no!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. You can obviously get a DCC on the basis of a negative test, I was responding to the point about being partially vaccinated, which doesn't help at all.

"I will have one phizer jab only by then."

If that's how it works, it makes things a lot easier to think about in my head!

So I guess we can pay 129euro to Randox if we want to go to the pub for the weekend aswell:pac:

That would be weird as Randox only charges €69 for a PCR and less for an antigen!

• Advertisement

What about all those that are fully vaxed that will NOT be tested. There is notting stopping them catching and spreading the virus. The vaccine only protects them. So all those that are fully vaxed are the ones that will be spreading the virus because no one will be checking them. But then again im no cheerleader.
    What you have to say about that? Honestly.

People fully vaccinated present a much reduced risk of catching and spreading the virus. It's not zero, but then neither is the risk zero from someone with a negative test or who has recovered from COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

That would be weird as Randox only charges €69 for a PCR and less for an antigen!

Some of us tip for good service :pac:

A vaccination doesnt stop you catching and spreading it. It just lessons the effect it has on you. So the fully vaxed untested will be the real spreaders.
    True. False. False.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

What about point 1.

Yes spsin accept a negative antigen test. Ireland a negative pcr test.

If you test positive in either direction do the decent thing and don't travel to an airport or try to get on a plane.

If testing negative while abroad would be a catastrophe for you (given you are plotting how you would get home in that event) then do not risk travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Please do not discuss PM's on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Do the right thing and get a covid test even if your fully vaxed because you can stil catch and spread it.

Goodnight. Please try harder next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Folks, did anything change re air travel to Britain?

Was hoping to fly to and from Scotland for a few days around 20-25 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭irishproduce

What about all those that are fully vaxed that will NOT be tested. There is notting stopping them catching and spreading the virus. The vaccine only protects them. So all those that are fully vaxed are the ones that will be spreading the virus because no one will be checking them. But then again im no cheerleader.
    What you have to say about that? Honestly.

Nothing you can do about that. The inducement or enticement (whatever you want to call it) to get the vaccine was a selection of freedoms including access to dining travel and events/ sports etc.
    So that will have to be honoured now. People got vaccinated based on (among other things) the access to these rights.
    It's a quid pro quo.
    That must be honoured now.

Those not vaccinated would be as well off to contract the virus quick and get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cortexiphan

If flying into Ireland from a non-designated state, with a negative PCR test, I can see that we would have to quarantine for 5 days. Are the Gardai coming to people's houses to check they are quarantined within those 5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

No. All you will get is a couple of texts asking if you are still where you said you were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

If flying into Ireland from a non-designated state, with a negative PCR test, I can see that we would have to quarantine for 5 days. Are the Gardai coming to people's houses to check they are quarantined within those 5 days?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Nobody is quaranting unless forced for what is no more than a common cold to unvaccintated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

TefalBrain wrote: »
    I think we all know the answer to that.

Nobody is quaranting unless forced for what is no more than a common cold to unvaccintated

Fairly shitty and condescending post for anyone who lost a loved one to have to read

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Naz_st

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Surely children just get 1 test before they fly back to ireland? Then like adults who use the DCC, upon producing a negative test there is no quarantine?

Also, I don't think the "2 tests while quarantining" is correct today nevermind after the 19th. Thats only for close contacts.

If you're coming in from UK it's still 5 days & 10 days for non-vaccinated (including kids) afaik...

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/travel_to_ireland_during_covid.html#la9222

Like I said, hopefully it changes along with July 19th EC DCC adoption.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mike222

Hi all, sorry if this seems like a stupid question, or if it's been answered already.

For people that have received one jab already and will be fully vaccinated in the next few weeks intending to travel say Sep/Oct... what the process? Is the cert eventually issued?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

GoSafe now have a Dundrum test site only €29 for Antigen.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Ah ya but with the price of turnips these days!

😂at those sort of prices you can’t afford not to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colemcgrath55

Its crazy how slow things are going. I have flights booked for the 22nd of July to USA but probably gonna have to change them. Even though im fully vaccinated and USA celebrate 4th of July with no masks indoors or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Lumen wrote: »
    True. False. False.

If I'm on a plane, to my left Joe no-Jab has a negative test in his hand.
    To my right Joey 2-Jabs tells me he got a test done because he didn't understand the rules, he tested positive but got on the plane anyway after ignoring his test, as he has a carte blanche due to his vax status..

I'm gonna go with Joe no-Jab to be less of a risk.. Vaxxed can spread

pooman wrote: »
    If I'm on a plane, to my left Joe no-Jab has a negative test in his hand.
    To my right Joey 2-Jabs tells me he got a test done because he didn't understand the rules, he tested positive but got on the plane anyway after ignoring his test, as he has a carte blanche due to his vax status..

I'm gonna go with Joe no-Jab to be less of a risk.. Vaxxed can spread

Cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Its crazy how slow things are going. I have flights booked for the 22nd of July to USA but probably gonna have to change them. Even though im fully vaccinated and USA celebrate 4th of July with no masks indoors or out.

Do you have US citizenship/residency?

Advertisement