Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Another travel Q folks.

Fully vaxed (both of us) almost 2 mths now but no cert received. Assuming one was to travel next week but had not received the DCC in time, would you need a neg-PCR in the absence of the DCC ? Would the silly card that we were all issues suffice accompanied by the official VAX confirmation text suffice ?

Next question. Flying back from Spain under Amber. What are the implications on returning assuming the above absence of the DCC ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Your HSE vaccine card will suffice. There are no additional requirements on you returning from Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thanks. Not too worried about coming back. I need to get out of here first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Could I ask how you know your vaccine card (assuming you mean the vaccine record card you got on the day you were vaccinated) will suffice? I just don't think my DCC will have arrived in time for travel, and I don't want to arrive in Spain with no test to be told the vaccine record card is not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Does he live over in LA? Will you get in?

Or do you mean the Cork hurler?

• Advertisement

Jack Horgan-Jones (reporter with the IT) on Twitter:

"From 19th July, [Smyth says that] if people are not on a "red" or MHQ list, it's the same as the UK, if vaccinated or have a clear test, they can come into Ireland without a need to quarantine." "Smyth later qualified this statement saying it was his view that this would be the case, not a government position, and would be superseded by a govt position/statement on same if one were published."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

In Portugal which is under “curfew”, but curfew in Portugal is far more relaxed than Ireland on a good day. The weekend before last they closed pubs and restaurants at 3.30pm. The restaurant owners pushed back and they changed the rules so now everywhere is open until 10.30pm. On weekends you need a DGC to dine indoor or and antigen test, they can be bought at the pharmacy for €3. I bought one to watch the Euro Finals, easy to do and worked like a charm. I’m not sure how the virus knows it’s the weekend, but how and ever.. water parks are closed but I think everything’s else is open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I’m based in Spain and I’ve spoken first hand to many Irish people who have arrived here using the HSE card without issue.

At the EU meetings about the DCC it was agreed that the DCC is not mandatory and member states would accept the equivalent national proof of vaccination.

Youll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Covid app updated now to allow you scan your digital cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

He's part of the government, you'd think he'd know, it's coming in just over 3 days. So bad as usual from the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I got confirmation for my trip to London of the following. I can post the email if it is required.

I leave on a Friday and return Sunday morning. I can take my PCR test Thursday evening in Ireland and this will cover me to return to Ireland on Sunday.

Someone really needs to call out this level of stupidity. How does this make any sense?

I will be frequeniting Leicester Sq on Friday and Saturday night and the test I take in Cork Thursday permits me entry back into Ireland.

I appreciate I am taking a risk if I travel. I dont even mind if I am supposed to take a test. I would ask that the test at least makes a small amount of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

I emailed him to ask the same (have a family member who got fully vaccinated in the US) and got a similar answer. Which is basically "we have no idea" it seems.

I'll be very curious to hear what solution they come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Niall145

This has probably been asked before but how long will it take (on average) to receive the covid travel cert after getting a pharmacy (j and j) vaccination?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

There has to be some sort of system in place for the people on the island of Ireland at least...for example health care workers who travel north of the border every day for work and who were vaccinated up there...Surely they should be eligible for the dcc even if not vaccinated in the Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I've missed you all terribly

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1sttime1

Wonder would anyone know what the position would be on this? Flying out of Belfast Airport have an EU vaccination cert going to Menorca. Will that be accepted?

Sorry meant to put this in the Travel thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I got my j&j shot a week and a half ago and I still haven't got my cert yet and I am travelling next week. I don't know of anyone who got vaccinated in the pharmacy who has there cert yet but hopefully someone on here has got theirs and let's us know

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Friend of mine has been out to Costa del Sol 3 times since his vaccinations and each time he has gone out through Belfast. No issues at all bar having to show pcr test. We are being held captive in our own country with that ridiculous fine for travelling! All nationalities have been into this country for work & holidays and nobody seems to be sticking to the quarantine guidelines.

Its all just a complete farce at this stage!

I am in the same boat. Basically, I've got some very contradictory info from all sources on this. I'll try to be as concise as possible, but it's a bit confusing.

Basically, my pharmacy and Leo Varadkar have said that your cert won't be processed or issued by the HSE until at least 14 days after you receive the Janssen shot, as only then will you be deemed 'fully vaccinated'. Quote by the Irish Examiner: "The Tánaiste added that it will only go out to people who have been fully vaccinated. "It's important to say that people aren't fully vaccinated until a week or two after their second dose, or two weeks in the case of the Janssen vaccine," he said."

However, a lady on the HSE DCC Helpline and Minister of State Ossian Smyth have said it will go out 1-5 days after your vaccine, and that there are just delays atm, due to the backlog. This makes sense because of reports in the media that people who were vaccinated at GPs received theirs within days. (I should also clarify that the HSE lady couldn't confirm anything, and just said she thought that this was the case.)

But-- I'm inclined to believe the first position is the default. When I rang the HSE helpline, they tried to see my vaccination status online with my PPS and there was no record of it (they could not confirm if this was the case with all those who received the Janssen in a pharmacy, or just me, but after talking to my pharmacy, who were adamant that they had done everything right, I'm inclined to think all pharmacy vaccinations aren't going through on to HSE systems). This also makes sense when you consider that the official vaccine tracker figures are still saying pharmacy numbers are excluded.

Long story (a bit) short(er), I ended up pleading my case to the HSE and they registered me over the phone and was told I would get my cert soon. So, basically, if you urgently need the cert, call the HSE helpline, see if they have you on their system, and, if not, try and convince them to register you over the phone.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. I know its farcical. With a pcr test I can't see why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

When can we expect confirmation of UK to Ireland travel changes? Really dont want to pay for pcr ifits not needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

I cant see any change coming next week considering the amount of infections there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Girlsmam

travelling on Monday & still waiting for my DCC to arrive. Called the helpline Wednesday & they confirmed all details, correct email etc & said they’d mark it urgent. Called yesterday when still no sign & got someone having a very bad day…she told me the helpline is only for people who already have the cert & I’ll get it when I get it & hung up!

Everyone I know already has it no issues….did anyone hear of people who are still receiving it via email?

The minister of state said on Twitter that vaccine postcards would be accepted but I contacted Aer Lingus & they said official vaccine certificates only. We really do not want to pay for testing unnecessarily or have airport hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Neither my Husband nor I have received our DCC. Some of our friends have but most haven't.

We aren't going anywhere but I was planning on calling the Helpline on Monday when it is fully operational.

Flying out of Belfast, you will be subject to whatever rules apply in the country for people landing from the UK

If its an EU country,then your DCC if fully vaccinated is all you need as long as your 2nd dose of AstraZeneca, moderna or Pfizer is at least 14 days before you land

Or in the case of Jaansen 2 weeks after your one shot

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭plodder

Anyone traveling to Spain needs to fill out form at: https://www.spth.gob.es

even if you have covid cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Same for coming back into Ireland, I don't think most people realise they still need to fill in the passenger locator form online before travelling to Ireland from 19th July. Within the PLF you select what will apply to you, DCC through Vaccine, test or immunity

https://cvd19plf-prod1.powerappsportals.com/en-us/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Good God, waiting 15 minutes so far to get through to helpline, the musak is shocking!

eta after 45 minutes comfirmed I’m on system for a postal one, can’t confirm if it’s posted and told me to ring DFA to see what I should do!

Post edited by pc7 on

Advertisement