Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Just wondering is anyone covid recovered and travelling out soon? I'm 2 months recovered but heading to Italy Tuesday but unsure if the covid helpline can sort me out on Monday before I go. I could possibly test positive on another antigen/pcr test so can't rely on that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

Hi all. Does anyone have recent experience flying to England through Belfast?

My understanding is that there are no tests / locator forms needed which is stated here: If you’re travelling to England from within the UK, Ireland... you do not need to complete a passenger locator form, take any COVID-19 tests, quarantine on arrival in England

However, on the Northern Ireland Government site this article states: If you're travelling from Northern Ireland to other regions of the Common Travel Area and staying overnight, you should take a rapid lateral flow device test (LFD) before you begin your journey home.

I will be in England for a couple of days before flying back through Belfast and heading straight back to Dublin (and yes, before anyone asks, isolating for the 10 days). It says "should" so does that mean it's not a requirement to get the flight back?

Sorry, I know I'm probably overthinking it but it's not 100% clear to me. 😕

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pouladuff_goal

No tests, no forms and no passport needed to fly from Belfast to/from anywhere in the UK. I have done this on a few occasions in recent weeks for

reasons I consider essential but the gardai may disagree.

I would recommend picking up the free NHS lateral flow tests and doing those on return. This is just for personal safety and those you meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

And if you do not have a DCC, only the vax card, you can’t upload a QR CODE, so what happens in this case? a few people here have said that the card you receive is sufficient in the absence of the DCC, Faceman who is Spanish based and another poster who maintains that the Spanish Embassy says the card will suffice.

Granted, this is not official (not doubting the posters in any way) and it’s very understandable that people are worried with the usual bollox & lack of clarity from our side. 19 days behind the rest of Europe and still people in the dark as to what happens from tomorrow morning.

EDIT:

The below extract has been copied from Travelsafe.Spain.info.

I would say it’s fair to assume that the VAX CARD (2.1 below) would fit the bill in terms of an official acceptable document in the absence of the DCC.

Travellers coming from Ireland to Spain must comply with ONE of the following health requirements.

1. EU-COVID Certificate.

What is the EU-COVID Certificate?

An EU Digital COVID Certificate is a digital proof that a person has either been vaccinated against COVID-19, or received a negative test result, or recovered from COVID-19.

Information on the EU-COVID Certificate

• Free in charge, digital and/or paper format
    • It works with with QR code
    • It is written in national language and English
    • It is valid in all EU countries  
    1. Vaccination, recovery or diagnostic certificate.

2.1. Vaccination certificate (at least 14 days from the last dose of vaccination). Accepted vaccines: Pfizer-Biontech, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca, Jansen/Johnson&Johnson, Sinovac y Sinopharm. The vaccination certificate must include at least the following information:

Name and surname of the holder. (On the card)

Vaccination date, indicating the date of the last dose administered. (On the card )

Type of vaccine administered. (On the card)

Number of doses administered / complete regimen. (On the card)

Issuing country. (HSE stamp - everyone knows it’s Irish)

Identification of the issuing body of the vaccination certificate. (On the card)

2.2. Diagnostic certificate. You must show a negative COVID-19 test result. NAAT (PCR, LAMP, TMA or equivalent) test types are accepted in Spain. You must show a negative result of a NAAT test taken within 72 hours OR an antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to your arrival.

2.3. Recovery certificate. People who have recovered from the disease may show the certificate of a positive result of COVID-19. Recovery certificate must be done within at least of 11 days and at maximum of 180 days from the date on which the COVID-19 test was performed. A positive NAAT test must be presented.

Certificates must be written in Spanish, English, French or German. If it is not possible to obtain it in these languages, the document must be accompanied by a translation into Spanish made by an official body.

Post edited by dodzy on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My husband got his vax in MVC and the card has a little QR code, I was done in gp and mine doesn’t. I’m nervous if just relying on the little card (DCC) still hasn’t arrived even though after getting email address added in I’d have it but today. Dreading ringing helpline tomorrow again.

I think that QR code relates to the vax batch info.

My partner had her vaccinations in the UK, and has the NHS digital vaccination app. We’re resident in Ireland.

Does anyone know if and how the NHS administered vaccination is valid for EU travel, or if she can get an EU digital Covid passport on the basis of her NHS vaccinations?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thanks I might ring airport and travel agent tomorrow and see what they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

Thank you! I can stop stressing out now! 😅

I honestly believe travellers will be fine with the HSE VAX card.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

There's no quarantine if you've a negative test post 19/07?

Citizens information has been updated to say you're considered as "recovered from covid" after 11 days.

How you use that to get a DCC in Spain ive no idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

I went through it on the website last night and it all worked fine. I'm hoping there is some "fast track" channel through arrivals for people who have completed it as I imagine a lot of people arrive without it.

Yes, your hse vaccination card can be used.

If you are anxious, antigen tests are cheap , get one for the way out for peace of mind (though your vaccine card aline should be enough). Coming home immigration will know exactly what they are looking at with your vaccine card as its from the hse so no issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Is there any way to avoid quarantine in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Hi all,

The missus looking to travel to Poland early August. Seeing a lot of conflicting info out there as regards to what she needs in terms of tests to get on the plane.

She is not vaccinated and won't be by the time the travel date arrives.

Does anyone have a straight answer in terms of PCR/antigen tests needed?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Both PCR and antigenic tests are accepted.

Validity: 72 hours for PCR tests, 48 hours for RAT tests for entry into Portugal.

Download the re open EU app tells you all the requirements.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I’m an Irish citizen living in the U.K. and was vaccinated here. Can I apply for an EU green pass from Ireland? Husband is Italian & we’re planning to go see his parents later in the summer, but it looks like Italy will be using the Green pass as a kind of internal passport for trains, indoor dining etc. and at the moment it doesn’t appear like they formally recognise the NHS app/pass.

The EU Commission says:

“EU citizens who were vaccinated in a non-EU country can request the EU Digital COVID Certificate from the Member State of their nationality or residence. The EU Digital COVID Certificate will be issued, if there is a reliable proof of vaccination and if the structure of the health system allows for it. For further information, please address your Member State of nationality or residence.” (https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/QANDA_21_2781)

However, the Irish government says this:

“The Digital COVID Certificate is a record of a medical event that takes place in the country of issuing. People who were vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in another jurisdiction will need to access the Digital COVID Certificate in that country. The certificate is not related to your citizenship.” (https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3a698-eu-digital-covid-certificate/#people-who-have-been-vaccinated-or-have-recovered-in-another-country)

It looks like the Irish government is washing its hands of any citizens vaccinated abroad.

Any advice appreciated!

Its not a priority

I suspect you'll be a long time chasing that up

The pdf from the England NHS app has a QR code and is certainly accepted in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

There is conflicting info out there on this at the moment. The helpline is opening tomorrow and may be your best option. I was vaccinated in NI but live in ROI so hoping to get the dcc also.

But is it actually possible? The Irish government appear to suggest it isn’t but I know that could be a stalling tactic.

Great that Spain accept the NHS one, but I’m not going there.

Thanks. It’s infuriating on some levels. The EU Commission suggests a certain responsibility for member states’ nationals vaccinated abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublinview

My query is slightly different. My wife is a British citizen vaccinated in NI so not an EU citizen. If I read the Irish Gov website advice reproduced above, it suggests that the Vaccs cert from another country qualifies in lieu of the EU version. Certainly for travel from a Republic of Ireland airport anyway. I say that because why else would they tell you to access the one from outside the EU if it isn't valid.

I hadn't thought of the implications for public transport and entry to restaurants etc when you get there but I cant see any logical issue - its the vaccine that counts, not where you got it.

Does this make sense?

It does absolutely, but it’s up to individual EU Member States whether they recognise the NHS app/certificate, as there’s currently no bloc-wide policy afaik (though I think EU-U.K. talks on it are happening). Since France uses vaccination as a condition of entry & quarantine currently, they accept the NHS one. But for Italy at the moment it’s not at all clear whether they’d accept the NHS proof of vaccination as equivalent to the EU digital pass. Now, the Italian government is currently debating the measures around vaccine passes being needed for indoor dining, travel etc. so it may be that they hammer out those details as part of that process (this would also affect any visiting Americans for example), so it may all resolve itself. I think the fact that Italy doesn’t use vaccination as a condition of entry into the country means they haven’t yet fully thought about how proof of status will work.

Then there is the separate issue of the Irish government’s approach & the EU Commission’s seeming to be somewhat at odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublinview

Yeah, I know but as things stand I don't see people vaccinated outside the EU being treated differently to those vaccinated inside (having difficulty convincing the Missus of this though!).

I think the situation with NI Vaccination would really become interesting/uncertain if the EU banned arrivals from the UK altogether for some reason.

• Advertisement

Antibody test or the report from wherever you got it.

Advertisement